Chapter 1

Photo of Jane Smith!

(Jane's POV)

I know that some people have multiple choices to fall in love, but some don't. Sometimes you have a whole viewpoint on how you want to live your life, weather it does or doesn't involve love. Mine at the moment has no intention of falling in love.

I should probably introduce myself. Hi I'm Jane Smith. I am eighteen and have blonde hair and blue/grey eyes.

I was currently at school in my English Lit. class listening to my teacher go on and on about Dear John letters and the history behind them.

"Alright class. I will give you all a soldier to write to. The person I give you, you will write throughout the school year. And maybe if you and the soldier get along, you will write them long after the school year. This is your last year in this school. Make it count. Your participation will count as seventy-five percent of your grade. I suggest you all participate if you want to pass. Your first letter will be due in two days. I will walk around and give you the name of your soldier and you will get started writing your letter."

As my English teacher walked around handing out the names to our soldier, I was ferrying out my pen and paper. Of course I'm gonna hand write it in cursive, but I think I'm getting too excited. I mean, I have no idea if the soldier is a male or female. One way to find out I guess.

As Mrs. Black stopped next to me, she looked down at her list and smiled.

"Jane, looks like you have Daniel Thompson."

"Thank you." I say and start writing.

Dear Daniel,
I know you are probably wondering what on earth I'm doing writing you, so I thought I'd explain. To start off with, my name is Jane smith.
My English teacher thought it would be a good idea to write to soldiers who are deployed, so here I am writing you. To be honest, I like the idea.
I know you must be super busy but, I thought I could maybe ask you one question: how are you over there?

Sincerely,
Jane Smith

By the time I got through with my letter class was ending. I handed my letter to Mrs. Black and she put it in a envelope.

"Since you already finished yours Jane, I don't see any harm for me to send it off tonight, do you?"

"No, if that's what you want to do. You're the teacher so I leave it in your hands. Just make sure it gets there, please."

"I'll make sure it gets there."

"Thank you Mrs. Black. Have a good evening." I say and start walking towards the door.

"Thank you, and you too."

With that I left, asking myself questions about my soldier.

What did he look like? How old was he? Was he hurt? Has he had to kill someone to protect someone?

All of the questions kept me occupied till I got home and started in on my homework.

One thing I knew for sure was that no matter how busy I was, I would always make sure to write him. Wherever he was.

Hey y'all! So I hope you are loving the first chapter of this book!!

Tell me what you guys think! I am gonna do a double update today, so expect chapter two of this book!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!

Love you all so much, and thank you for supporting me with my other book!

Lots of Love!!!!