Chapter 3

Best song to sing to while driving...My opinion!!

(Jane's POV)

I was currently in my car on the way to school. As I was cruising' down my way through my Texas town- which would be Austin, I was blasting my country music, an singing along with it.

As I came to a stop light, We Went by Randy Houser came on. As I was singing along with the amazing song, I pulled into my usual parking. I left that car on so that I could finish listening to the song. While the song was finishing, I rolled my windows down a crack.

Once the song finished, I grabbed my back pack and books, and walked into the school with the best mood possible.

"Jane!" Someone squeals.

I turn around and smile to find that it was my best friend Sam. We've been friends ever since kindergarten.

"Hi Sam. What's up?" I ask as she slings her arm around my shoulders, and walks me to my locker.

"Well I hear, that you sent your letter off early to your soldier. Is that true?" She asks'.

"It's true. But the only reason it was sent off so quickly was that I finished writing if early." I explain

"Oh, okay. Well we better head to calculus if we don't want to piss of Mr. Stevens."

"True."

****

By the time English got here, I was a little excited. I wanted to know if Daniel wrote me or not.

Upon entering the class room, Mrs. Black pulled me aside.

"Jane, mail came for you from a Daniel Thompson, from Iran."

"Iran?" I ask confused.

"Your soldier is deployed over there."

It took me a second to jog my memory, seeing as I just got out of chemistry.

"Oh, right! I completely forgot."

"That's alright dear. Here's you letter, open when we start on writing again."

I nod my head and take my set next to Sam.

"Alright class, last week we sent a letter to a soldier who is deployed. Many of you, I'm sure, mentioned the assignment to the soldier," I look around the room and see a few nods, "some of the soldiers sent back, and they're here. However the rest are at the post office and will be here tomorrow. Those of you who have your letters, please get started, as for the rest of you, if you have any late work, please get started on it. You may start." She said. I pick up the card that had delicate handwriting on it and carefully opened it.

Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to write. As for my well being at the moment, not so great. You were write about writing being a good idea, and I'm glad you wrote me. I needed something to take my mind off things here for a while. I can guess you live in the U.S by your handwriting-which is beautiful, I'm just wondering where. I'm deployed in Iran at the moment, and would give anything to be home. I miss the food. Glad at the moment to write you though, and thank you for taking the time to write me. How are you doing at home?

Sincerely,

Daniel Thompson

I smiled when he said that my handwriting what beautiful. I took out my pen and paper and started thinking about what to write next. So far I know that he is in Iran and that he wants to know what state I live in.

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for taking the time to write me back. You're right about me living in the U.S. I live in Austin, Texas. I want to thank you for complimenting my hand writing.
For the time being I'm great, I have a lot of exams I need to study for. You said that you weren't doing so good, what do you mean? I hope everything is okay over there. I don't want anything to happen to you or anyone else for that matter. So where is it that you live?

Yours,
Jane Smith

After I put my letter in a envelope, I write the address that was in the previous letter, and started reading my favorite book.... Song of the Sparrow.

After the last bell rang, I made my way to my car and went home.

When I entered my bedroom, I set my backpack on the foot of my bed and went to take a hot shower.

However in the shower there was only one question that kept on making its way up to the front of my brain, what does Daniel look like, and why did he need a distraction from something? Whatever it was. I hope I can help him!

Hey y'all! Three updates in two day, I think I'm on a roll!

Expect and update tomorrow!

Tell me what y'all think! I love you opinions!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!

Lots of Love!!