Chapter 20

(Daniel's POV)

Waking up next to Jane in the morning felt amazing. Being able to hold her not only felt right, but it made me never want to move or wake her up.

I am falling in love with this amazing girl... There is no way to beat around the bush about it, or hide it any longer.

Her wearing my shirt made me think about living with her and imagining a family with her as well.

For the first time I am actually dreading deploying, because that would mean leaving her, not being able to hold her while she slept or her hand when we walk, or take a random drive with her and whisk her away to the coast for the weekend.

As we are driving back to her house I see her reach over and turn on the radio.

Should have guessed she was a country type of girl. Dan and Shay's song How Not To turns on, and I see her smile and roll down her window and stick her hand outside and catch the wind.

"You're a good singer." I state.

"Ha, you're funny." She says.

"What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking about you leaving."

I reach over and grab her hand, and lace my fingers with hers.

"Pull over for a second." She says.

I pull over and look over at her.

"What is this?" She asks'.

"I'd like to think that you would be my girlfriend."

"I'd be more than happy to, but I am not gonna be one of those girls that stay home while the guy she is falling in love with is off fighting a war... I wont do it, I won't have my heart broken again." She says, and I smile.

I lean over and kiss her.

"I'm falling hard for you too. I won't be gone for long, and I promise you that I will come back."

She starts to tear up and I pull her over the center console. I don't do anything other than just hug her and kiss her forehead.

"I sear to god, if you don't come back I will hunt down your CO and-"

"Don't say that, I'll be back before you know it. I promise." I say and kiss her for a good little while.

I hold her until she stops crying and continue to the drive to her mothers. When we get there her mothers car is gone, and so we both go inside and she makes some pasta.

By the time I leave her mother walks in, and I meet her.

"I'm gonna walk him out."

Her mom just nods her head and smiles.

When we get out to my truck, I make sure that we are hidden from her moms view and push her against the truck and kiss her until we are both left breathless.

Hey Y'all!!

How are each and every one of you doing?!

So while I was writing this chapter, I was thinking about the movie Dear John and how much I love it, and so I wanted to kinda do a twist, and make the movie a apart of the book, so I hope y'all caught on to that!!

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend that you do!

I hope you all love this chapter, I loved writing it!!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!

Lot's Of love!!!!