Chapter 8

Picture of Daniel's hospital room!

(Daniel's P.O.V!)

I woke up to the sound of something beeping, and that's when it all came back to me. I was out doing patrol, when there was an ambush and then I roadside bomb. We tried fighting them, but it was no use.

I tried to move my arm, but was in a lot of pain. When I looked at it, it was in a cast, along with my legs.

I hear knocking at the door, and that's when I notice I'm in a hospital.

"Afternoon Major Thompson. How are you feeling?"

"I feel like shit. What's wrong with me doc.?" I ask him.

"Your leg has a major fracture in your knee, you entire knee, not just a specific part. Your arm has a small fracture, but we put it in the cast so that you won't move it, and it can heal, which will take about six weeks. Your leg, is gonna require much more time to heal."

"How much more time are we talking about? They need me back there." I say and start to get all worked up.

"I know that cap. but we are looking at about 6 months. So we are sending you home."

"Home? As in you're shipping me back to Texas?!" I start to shout not wanting to go back.

"Captain, if you don't calm down, I'm gonna have to be forced to give you a shot that'll knock you out, so I suggest you calm down."

"Right, sorry doctor.... When am I being sent home?"

"Tonight, so we are gonna get you ready, and a nurse will come in and help you get changed. We notified your family. They're looking forward to you coming home."

As I thought of home, one girl came to mind.... Jane.

Would she hate me if she saw me like this?

Would she never talk to me again?

I promised her I would come home safely. Oh god! She must already know.

I got dressed and was taken to the airport for transportation home.

As I got aboard the plane, I was holding the picture Jane had given me of her. The entire plane ride home, I kept thinking, I'm coming home to you Jane.

****

When we finally got to Texas I was relaxed. By the time I was loaded off the plane, I saw my mother. She had her hands over her heart and mouth as she got to me. She bent down and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, but what I didn't expect was what got out of the car next. I was completely stunned and speechless....

Hey y'all, don't hate me, I am doing a double update tonight....

Just wait... Total cliff hanger at the moment. Do you know what's coming next, or better yet... Who's getting out of the car?

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!

I love you all so much and thank you for supporting my writing, you all mean the world to me!

Lot's of Love!!