Chapter 9

This is what Jane looks Like!!

(Jane's P.O.V!!!)

I went to Daniels parent's house the day after his LT gave me his parents address. When I got out of my truck I took a deep breath and started moving my feet.

As I got up to the front door, I took in another shaky breath and counted to ten. Not long after I rang the door bell, a older woman looked to be in her 40's answered the door with a tear stained face.

"Can I help you?" She says.

"Yes, I'm looking for Captain Daniel Thompson's parents."

"Well you found us, come in dear." She says and lets me in.

"My name is Jane Smith."

"Well Jane it is nice to meet you. My husbands name is Chris, and mine is Rose. Let me go get him real quick and then we can talk, please have a seat in the living room."

She gestured to the room next to the dining area. I sat down and waited for her, but while I was walking past the fire place, I noticed a little boy on a horse, and wondered if that was Daniel.

When they both walked into the room, I turned around and saw a man who looked a little stiff. I walked up to him and extended my hand to him.

"Hi, sir. My name is Jane." I say and shake his.

"That your truck out there?" He asks' me.

"Yes sir." I say slightly terrified that he might quiz me one it... Turns out I was right.

"What year?"

"97'."

"Engine?"

"V6."

"Paint?"

"Original."

"Seat?"

"Bench."

"Wow, girl knows  her truck."

"I'm assuming that's a compliment?"

He just laughs and nods his head, "what can we help you with?" He asks' me.

"I'm looking for information regarding your son, Daniel." I say and look at him straight in the eyes as I say just that.

We all sit down and Rose starts to cry again.

"Can I ask how you two met?" Chris says.

I smile at how my teachers assignment turned into personal feelings for me.

"Well I was given an assignment at school by my English Teacher, and the assignment had us write letters, only the letters were to soldiers. He was the soldier I got to write, so I guess you could say that's how we met."

"That's some assignment that you got going there."

"It is, but yesterday I got some news...." I trail off.

"Oh?" His mom says.

I let them in on the whole story of how I found out. From my friend telling me to my teacher. Not to mention his LT which I had a freaking hard time cracking. Apparently everything is confidential.... Good gravy!!

By the time I get through with the story, his parents both look like they are on the verge of tear.

"We got a call. Daniel is coming home today." His mom said all of the sudden.

"W- what?" I stutter to get out.

"They said that he has some minor injuries, but that he has to come home for a while."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Thank god he's alive!" I say.

What his parents ask me, I was not at all expecting having met them only about half an hour ago.

"Would you like to go pick him up with us?" They ask.

"Are you sure that would be alright?" I ask them, "I don't want to intrude on his homecoming."

"Dear you won't, you aren't. We wouldn't have asked you if we didn't want you to come with us. So please?"

I ponder over the thought of seeing Daniel. Seeing what he looks like in person. Seeing for myself if he really is okay. I find myself nodding my head.

I let them pull me to their car, and we set off. I texted my mom letting her know that I would be home late tonight and to not wait up for me.

On the ride to wherever we were going, I let his mom tell me all about the amazing childhood he had. From him getting on a horse for the first time to the time he cried when he had to get off the horse. Apparently he didn't want to get off. I honestly don't blame him for wanting to get off. I personally love the feeling of being on the back of a horse, there is so much more freedom when you are on. The wind in your face, the way you and the horse move together as a team... Everything that involves life is better with a horse.

When we got there, I saw a man in a wheelchair get out of a plane, and head towards the car with a soldier pushing the chair behind him.

I took a deep breath in know that, that is him, and that he is okay, and alive.

I saw his mom hug and kiss him on the cheek and that is when I made my move. I got out of the car, and started to slowly walk towards him.

"Jane?" He asks' in disbelief, as if questioning if I am actually standing before him.

"Welcome home Daniel." I say with a small smile.

He motioned for me to walk closer and I did.

He cupped my face in his hands and told me something that I will never ever forget for as long as I live.

"You are more beautiful in person than in any picture." He says, and I feel my heart do what felt like a funny flip.

"You're not to bad yourself." I say and give his wrist a small kiss since his hand was on my face. I

I say that his parents had given us some space and I was so thankful for that.

I pulled out the last letter that I had received from him only 2 days prior to him being here. I held it up in between us.

"What happened to coming home safely soldier?" I ask with a smile.

He laughed a memorizing laugh and said, "I thought scars were always pretty cool, so I asked a guy to fracture my knee so that I could have one."

And with that, that's how getting to know him got interesting.

Hey y'all, so they met!

Don't hate me, you all wanted it to happen!

I stayed up late to get this done... We are talking 12:26 A.M!!

Hope you enjoyed, so tell me what you all think!!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!

LOT'S OF LOVE!!