Chapter 19

(Jane's POV)

As we get back into the truck, Daniel takes my hand and kisses it.

"How long are you going to be gone?" I ask.

"Six months to a year, possibly longer."

I just stare at him, and think of going a year without seeing him, without kissing, or hugging him and for the love of all things good and holy, I don't want him to go at all.

When we get to town, we find a little motel and hop out. Daniel pays for our room and we both go in.

"I think I'm gonna hop in the shower."

Daniel just nods his head and then kisses me.

When I get to the bathroom, I lock the door and turn on the hot water. As I get into the scalding hot water, I just think about my mom and how my English assignment turned into something more. I don't want to go back to writing Daniel, I don't want to be that girl in the 'Dear John' movie. I want him to stay, and nothing to change at all.

I falling in love with a man who is in love with the military and that terrifies me to no end. What if I lose him? What if he goes back and I get a letter in the mail from his mother saying, 'Daniel is MIA, or KIA' I don't think I'd ever be able to recover from that.

As I wash all of the shampoo and the conditioner out of my hair and the soap off my body, I hear a knock at the door.

"Yeah?" I shout.

"Just wanted to see if you are still alive."

"I'm hopping out right now." And that was then end of our conversation.

When I get dressed I am in Daniels shirt which is like nine sizes too big, and walk out of the bathroom.

"You look good in my shirt."

I just laugh as his words and motion for him to get in the shower. I hop in bed and for what feels like only minutes go by, Daniel appears in boxers and climbs into bed with me.

I turn onto my side facing away from him so he won't see the dread of tomorrow on my face when I feel him snake his arms around my stomach and pull me to him.

"I'm sorry." He whispers.

"For what?" I ask.

"For leaving you."

I turn around and face him.

"You haven't left me yet, besides, we still have a week."

He pulls me close to him and I rest my head on his chest, and we fall into a blissful sleep not worrying about what tomorrow has to bring or next week.

Hey Y'all!!

Hope you are enjoying this book and all that it has to offer!!

I decided that since I haven't posted chapters in forever that I am going to try and post as many as possible this week!!

I love you all and thank you for being so supportive!!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!!!

Lot's of Love!!!