Chapter 4

(Beware Of Some Gory Content!!!!)

(Daniel's POV)

I was starting to finally fall asleep when I heard gun shots fire inside our camp. I get up, threw my boots on, and quickly tied the strings and threw on my bullet proof vest before walking out the door. I look both right and left to see where the shots were coming from.

When I get to my men, I find that there are intruders filing into the camp, so I start to shoot. I point my gun at one of the intruders and shoot him. Once he's down, I move to a safe secure location. I stand up and shoot until a few more men are down. That's when I see a white pick up come into view and started shooting.

I shoot at the engine before it gets into our camp and when I finally hit the right spot, it blows up and all of the enemies that were surrounding it, died.

When it was clear for all of us to come out, I went to my LT.

"Looks like this is gonna take a while to clean up." He says when I get to him.

"Sure looks like it sir. Do you need me to help clean up?"

"No, you're off duty. Go catch some shut eye. You look like hell."

"Thanks," I say dryly, "goodnight sir." I say.

"Oh, Thompson, before you leave, something came for you."

I follow him inside a tent with all of our technology and he stops at a bag full of mail. I see him pull out a single envelope.

I take it back to my bunk. I turn on a lamp beside my bed and I tear open the envelope. I instantly recognize the handwriting to be a girls.

I read it and smile to myself.

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for taking the time to write me back. You're right about me living in the U.S. I live in Austin, Texas. I want to thank you for complimenting my hand writing.
For the time being I'm great, I have a lot of exams I need to study for. You said that you weren't doing so good, what do you mean? I hope everything is okay over there. I don't want anything to happen to you or anyone else for that matter. So where is it that you live?

Yours,
Jane Smith

I smile at her being worried for our well being over here. Most people could care less about us fighting, they're to busy to care, or they don't ever think about it except their families.

I look at the note closer and find that she said 'Yours' not 'Sincerely' like last time. While the note is closer I could smell a faint bit of vanilla. Must be her perfume, but whatever it is, it smells great.

I take out a pen and paper and start to write her another letter.

Dear Jane,

I should be the one thanking you for writing me again. I know that it's an assignment, but it still feels good to know that someone back home has the interest of knowing how we're doing. What I meant by us  not doing so good meant, that we lost one the soldiers in our platoon. He was a crazy one, but he was the most loyal soldier that I have ever worked along side with.
So you live in my hometown. It's a bit shocking to know that. I still live in Austin to answer your question. I miss it. I keep wondering to myself though, what does the girl I'm writing look like? Wish I could see. It's pretty late here, so I'm gonna mail this off in the morning, before I have go out on duty. Take care of yourself.

Yours,

Daniel Thompson

After I wrote the letter, I took off my boots, pants, and vest. I unloaded my gun, and cleaned it before slipping into bed.

While my mind got sleepy, I wondered what she looked like.

Hey y'all! Hope you are loving this book!

I did an update kinda late cause I was gone all day, but here you go! I hope you enjoy!

Tell me what y'all think about it so far! I love to hear your opinions!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!

Lots Of Love!!