Chapter 6

(Picture Jane sent to Daniel!!)

(Daniel's POV!)

How you choose to live in life is different then choosing to live in a never ending fairy tail. The prince always comes to the princesses rescue, and then they live happily ever after.

You see, I am not like that. I am no body's prince charming, because one day when I do go out to battle, I am never coming back and that to me is the worst fear. Someone who loves me will end up getting a letter or told that Daniel Thompson is dead, and that he died in the line of duty.

I never want that to happen to someone to someone I love.

I was out and about walking around our camp. It's been a week since I last wrote Jane and she is all that I have on my mind. I haven't seen what she looks like, but I can tell that she has a beautiful personality.

"Daniel!" Jack calls from behind me.

I turn around and see him running up to me.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"You got a letter. Our LT told me to run and give it to you, so here it is." He says and hands me a letter.

"Thanks man." I say and take the letter from him.

I walk to the closest table and sit down with my gun beside me. I rip into the letter and instantly know it's from Jane because of her handwriting.

Dear Daniel,

I am a little shocked to find out that you live in Austin. As for you missing it, it's still the same as when you left, which brings me to a question: when did you deploy? I'm sorry about your friend. I can only imagine what you must be going through.
You should have a picture of what I look like. I hope that does it's justice. What does the soldier that I'm writing look like? Only god knows. Not to put you on the spot, but since we are getting to know each other, how old are you?
Well it's the end of my class, so please stay and come home safely!

Yours,

Jane Smith

I look at the photo that she sent me in the mail. She is without a doubt the most beautiful young women that I have ever seen.

I go back to my bunk and pull out a pen and some paper.

Dear Jane,

It's good to know that nothing has changed back home. I promise you that I will do everything I can to come home safely to you an our country. You are without a doubt the most beautiful young women that I have ever seen let alone are talking to.
I deployed in June 2015, so I have been here about 8 1/2 months. The weather is hot and dry. I can't wait until I can come home. To answer your question, I am 20 years old. How old is this  gal that I am writing though?  I have to get going, so I will talk to you later. You have a good day, and be sure to enjoy  Texas for me.

Yours,

Daniel Thompson

And with that I took the letter to the postal station. Once I dropped it off, I put on my gear, and headed out or duty. This is gonna be a long night on patrol. God help me, I hope nothing goes wrong.

Hey y'all! Hope you are loving the book! Sorry for such a short update!

Please tell me what y'all are thinking!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!

I am going to bed, so goodnight!

Lot's of Love!!!