Chapter 10

Picture of Daniel before he Deployed!!

(Daniel's P.O.V!!)

I sat there and I watched the only girl I could never get out of my head talk about school.

I asked her if she liked the fact it was her last year, and now she is talking about how she can't wait till it's over. I don't blame her, I hated high school. When I finally graduated, I joined the Marines and was then deployed.

I don't regret joining, because of that, I now have this beautiful woman sitting in front of me keeping me company while my parents drive us back to their house.

"So how long are you here for...?" She asks' carefully, bringing me out of my daze.

"Six months." I said.

She looked at me for a moment before unbuckling herself and sliding over to where I was. She pulled me into  hug that I was not expecting and then whispered something I know that I will never forget.

"I'm sorry that you got hurt, but I'm not sorry for meeting you, or for the fact that you are alive and I can actually hug you. I'm glad you're home."

I wrapped my arms around her and buried my face in her neck. I held onto her for who knows how long all I know is that I never wanted to let her go.

When we pulled back, she buckled herself in the middle of the seat and grabbed my hand. I entwined our fingers and looked at her.

When she saw me stare at her, she smile a beautiful smile.

"What?" She asked.

"You are without a doubt the most beautiful women I have ever met."

"I can't be." Jane said and laughed.

"You are, Jane." I said stating that she was indeed beautiful.

"If you say so, then I guess I have too except, right?"

I just nodded, chuckling at how cute she was.

We pulled up to my house and a sudden urge of guilt came over me. I remembered that Brigs isn't home. That S.O.B left me and he isn't here.

My mom and dad helped me into the house, with the wheelchair and Jane offered to grab my bag.

They got me all settled in, and then they got a call saying that they had to leave. My parents tried making Jane leave with them, but I wanted her to stay. I wanted her to be with me. I don't like the feeling of being alone in the world, and for as short a time as it has been, I like the fact that that feeling is gone when Jane is around.

Jane help me from my wheelchair to the couch, and sat with me.

"There something on your mind?" She asks'.

I shake my head slightly before saying, "I was just thinking about Brigs."

I saw her frown before she grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry about his passing Daniel."

I looked at her and I thought I would see pity on her face, but I was wrong. She looked like she new what I was going through, like she had lost someone too. Her question shocked me the most.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked me slowly.

After a few minutes of debating, "we were on duty, and the village where we were staying as residents, had intruders," I say and she scoots closer to me, "they opened fire on us, and started shouting things. All I remember is that, we were hiding behind a car and he went up for  a shot and the next thing that I know is.... He is down and there's blood everywhere. I was so angry....." I say. I look at her and I see that she is listening intently.

"What happened next?" She asks.

"I killed Jane. I shot at least four of the men who hit the village. I didn't mean to kill them, I just wanted.... I don't know what I wanted."

"Oh, Daniel." She says and wraps her arms around me, enveloping me in a soft yet strong embrace.

"I'm sorry Jane."

"Don't be sorry. You had to protect those families, and yourself, and your men. You lost a friend and that is totally understandable. You did your job and there is nothing wrong with that."

"I killed men."

"Because they were going to kill you. Don't ever feel sorry for protecting anyone, you hear me?"

"I hear you." I say and continue to hug her.

I don't think anything has ever felt so right in my life than it does in this moment, right here, with Jane.

Hey y'all so it has been SUPER crazy this week due to school.... Ugh I hate just to talk about it!

Anywho, I tried to update as soon as I could but that kinda prevented the update, so sorry!!

Please forgive me! BUT!!!!! Here is the update I did promise you!

Please tell me what you all think!

Please Comment, Vote, & Share!!

Lots of Love!!!!