It all connects

Arias's POV:

I was counting the trees as we drove past. 1...2...3.........4........ughhhh.......5??

My vision was blurry and tears were gently rolling down my cheeks. I cant believe how much shit just happened in one day. That fucking spasticated driver barging into us for no reason. I replayed the whole scene starting from when we started playing 'truth or truth'...................

OMG. Caden ASKED ME OUT. I totally blanked out and a grin stretched across my face.

"So you leave the hospital with stitches and instead of being sad.......you're grinning??" Theo (the unwanted brother of mine) asked confused.

I was now once again aware of his existence.......how sad.......I made eye contact with him through the tiny shattered mirror in the front of the car. I just continued to blank him as I had been doing so for the whole car ride, as soon as we got to the car I ran to the backseat, not wanting to sit anywhere near him. I hated mum for sending him to collect me. It was really awkward with only me and my brother in the car. It's been almost 4 months I haven't properly talked to him even though he has tried apologizing a million times. That dreadful day was still haunting me. Obviously Theo couldn't see that, he didn't even seem guilty since it was pretty much all his fault. I knew this was going to be the worst part about coming home. UGH I knew I was going to start crying like a baby so I started thinking about how much fun it will be when Caden lives with us.

After what seemed like years of driving, I could recognize some places we drove past like the park where I first met Maya. (I was 5 at the time) or the Starbucks where Scarlett and I worked a few summers ago.

The tires screeched as we pulled into the driveway. Theo suddenly came to a stop making me head-butt the seat in front of me.

"WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND DECIDED TO GET THIS FUCKFACE A CAR!" I screamed referring to Theo but talking to no-one in particular.

"Just shut the fuck up you ungrateful bitch, I'm not even gonna try and be nice anymore, I'm fucking sick of having to apologize for no reason, you can't even hear me out, I tried telling you a billion times that it wasn't my fault and you just fucking ignore me. I wish you could have stayed in uni or something, you're just back to make things worse for me like you always do" Theo yelled.

I tried yelling back but I couldn't say a word. His words hit me like a brick to the face. I was debating weither what he said was true or he just lost his temper like he always does. My breathing got heavier and I felt dizzy. I started losing my balance and I couldn't see properly because my eyes were teary.
I turned to face my brother and I saw he was concerned but at the same time he seemed emotionless, like he always is. I reached for my bag and emptied it out on the floor to find my pill bottle, it was for anytime I felt anxious or uneasy. I gulped one of the pills down taking a deep breath. I wished they instantly had an effect but they didn't so I stumbled across the driveway while everything around me kept spinning. I felt like I just ran a marathon because I was heaving like a dog. I never needed the pills throughout the whole time I was in uni but the first day back at home and I already needed them.

I was walking towards the door but I heard Theo telling me to stop. I don't give two shits I WILL NOT forgive him for what he just said to me. He walked towards me and stood there with a straight face before he grabbed the pill bottle out of my hand. Wow how fucking stupid of me thinking he would apologise....... He probably thought the pills were like ecstasy tablets or something dodgey like that. He sighed after taking a quick read at what the contents of the bottle were. He handed the bottle back to me and I just scoffed before stuffing it back into my bag and rushing into the house and to my room. I was hoping he would have the slightest bit of humanity by bringing my luggage in.

When I got to my room I jumped onto my bed and slowly fell asleep

*2 hours later*

I woke up confused and my eyes felt like they were glued shut. My bags were at the door so I got up from my bed and headed towards the bathroom. I washed my face, carefully avoiding the stitches on my head. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed a t-shirt and leggings from my bags. I changed and tied my hair up to get it away from my face.

I turned the door knob of my room and started heading downstairs, hoping Theo wasn't there. Just as I was halfway down the stairs, the doorbell rang. I continued walking down the stairs faster. I opened the door and saw my mum and Caden. I hugged them both and invited Caden in and we took a seat in the living room.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Caden.

"Well my arms broken but other than that I'm fine" Caden chuckled. "How are you?" He added.

"I'm hungry" I casually replied.

"MUUUUUUM CAN YOU ORDER PIZZA!" I yelled to my mum who was in the kitchen talking to Theo I think.

"Caden, lets take your bags to the guest room" I said grabbing his small suitcase while he grabbed his bag.

we walked up the stairs and into the guest room which was opposite my room. We dropped Cadens bags in the room and decided to chill in my room. We decided to watch 21 jumpstreet. We always watched jump street when Maya, Scarlett and Caden came over but I would never get sick of it. The movie was starting and the pizza came aswell so we sat on the beanbags in my room infront of the TV.

I started thinking of the whole accident again and what Theo said. I smiled when I remembered Damien asked Maya out.

"Aria, you never answered my question" Caden said interrupting my thoughts.

I froze for a bit and my face turned red. "What question?" I asked pretending like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"If I asked you out............ would you say yes?" He mumbled.

"Well I guess I would say....yes....." I continued staring at the TV not making eye contact with him. I could tell he was staring at me but he didn't say a word. I turned to face him and his mouth was wide open.

"Well, Aria........ I wanted to tell you that I kinda like you.....alot....." He started.

"Well Caden I kinda like you a lot too" I said nervously.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you by going out with Peyton, honestly I never had feelings for her, I've never had feelings for anyone except you....... I never knew you would like me back so I thought going out with Peyton would help me get over you but it didn't work. don't judge me but I've had a crush on you for ages now" He smiled at the end.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked.

"Well I didn't think you would ever have feelings for me, I kinda thought you liked Noah. Plus we've been friends since we were kids and I didn't want you to think me of me differently. You know I told Maya that I liked you ages ago." He replied.

"EWWW why would I like Noah, I was going to tell you that I liked you on the day when Peyton first asked you out but I saw you guys together and got a bit upset....that's why I didnt talk to you much, I guess I was just jelous" I admitted.

"I was waiting for you that day so I could tell you I liked you but Tori told me that Peyton wanted to talk to me. I told Peyton I liked you just before we left and I couldn't date her and she told me that.....ummmm....well....."He paused.

"Well what?" I asked

"Tori kinda made her go out with me to make you angry for some reason" He said slowly

"That bitch, I swear I'm gonna slap the botox off her face when we get back to uni" I angrily said. "I wanted to hit Peyton aswell but I guess shes not like Tori since she told you" I added.

Caden chuckled and instead of watching the movie we talked for ages. It was nice and talking to Caden made me forget how horrible this day had been. I was telling Caden about the day when Noah and the boys were listening to our conversation when Scarlett called me.

"Heyyy Scar whats up?" I answered.

"Hey Aria, Maya is also on the line and is Caden with you?" Scarlett asked. She sounded panicky and slighty worried.

"Hey Maya and yeah Caden's here aswell let me just put it on speaker" I said before putting the phone on speaker so Caden can hear aswell.

"Okay guys, Maya you know how I told you I broke up with Caleb, I didn't tell you the actual reason, guys I don't know how to say this...." Scarlett sobbed.

"Scarlett are you okay" Maya said slowly.

"Guys, he's in a gang with.....Noah and.....................Damien" Scarlett anxiously said.

"WHAT THE FUCK! Scarlett I cant believe you, I know your going through a bad time with Caleb and stuff but why do you have to make up this shit about Damien, do you not want me to go out with him, youre meant to be happy for me..." Maya yelled.

"Scarlett, whats wrong with you, NOAH, my room mate, the one who cant even sleep with the lights off, is in a gang? and Maya don't jump to conclusions, hear her out" I said.

I was really confused and it took me a while to grasp what Scarlett just said. She was acting up in the hospital aswell.

"Maya i'm sorry, I'm not trying to hurt you, please just listen...... Caleb and I were gonna go on a date and when we were about to go there were these guys behind him. Caleb looked shocked and he pulled them away to talk to them but I was listening and one of the guys said something about Damiens note getting lost and Maya they don't know that you took the note. They also said that us three are going on spring break and they want to lock us up or something" Scarlett panicked.

"Scarlett.... just stop" Maya said.

"No wait, Maya the note, it could have been about us" I stated.

"Guys I swear on all the Gods and you know I never swear on God" Scarlett said.

"Scarlett do you have any proof or something, I'm not saying your lying but its a big thing to believe without proof" Caden added.

"I was scared you wouldn't believe me so I texted Caleb saying I'm sorry for over reacting about the whole gang thing and he said he will tell me all about it but I cant tell anyone" Scarlett continued.

"How are we going to know though?" Maya said.

"He's taking me to the gangs meeting place wherever that is, he said it was somewhere near here and hes going to collect me tomorrow and you guys will follow in Cadens car....." Scarlett stated.

"Okay guys that actually sounds like a decent plan, we just have to be careful because if this is all true, they are a gang" Caden said.

"We'll see if this is true or not, anyways I'm gonna go sleep guys I'm knackered" Maya said.

"Okay goodnight" Caden and I said in unison.

"Bye guys, I'll see you tomorrow hopefully" Scarlett sighed.

we all hung up and Caden headed to the guest room and I went into the bathroom to get ready for bed. I was scared about tomorrow and the whole idea of Noah, Damien and Caleb being in a gang was a bit scary. I couldn't get my head around it. I was actually hoping its not true.

Mayas POV:

I rang the door bell of my house, and waited for my mum to open it. The white door swang open to reveal my mum looking rather stressed and upset, as soon as her eyes landed on mine her face completely changed into a happy big smile that is always plastered onto her face.

My mum had chocolate brown hair like mine,big green eyes,and her outfits were always pencil dresses, or something formal.

"MUM!!!" I screamed and gave her a long tight hug.

"Maya! It seems like i haven't seen you in forever." She smiled, whilst cupping my face with her hands.

She pulled me into another hug, before stepping aside so that I could walk in. I took a deep breathe, whilst absorbing my surroundings. Our house wasn't fancy or expensive... it was a small little family home. We aren't that rich, I guess average.

"Uhh, sweetie.. we have a guest over." My mum interrupted my thoughts.

"Ohh right.. sorry, i will go introduce my self." I smiled and walked off into the living room.

There was this guy sitting there on our couch, who looked like he was in his mid 40's, he had grey hair and hazel eyes..... I also noticed a scar under his left eye, he was wearing a suit. (Wow professional.)

"Maya, this is m-.... my new boss, Seth." My mum stuttered, whilst walking into our little living room.

"Nice to meet you Seth, I'm Maya!" I smiled, as i turned around to face him again.

"Nice to meet you too.." He grinned. (He is so creepyyy...)

I turned around to face my mum, "Well, i'm gonna go head to my room.." I Stated and She smiled in response.

I was half way up the stairs, when i realized i left my luggage near the porch, "Shit.." I mumbled to my self and scurried back down, to grab them.

Once again i was walking up the stairs, and stopped in my tracks when i heard my mum burst into tears.. "What the...." I whispered to my self and tiptoed down the staircase, as i was about to step into the living room to see what was going on i was stopped by someone...

"Maya Shhhh..." Brooklynn ordered in a quiet voice.

She then dragged me to the wall that separates us from the living room... "Listen." Brooklynn demanded, whilst pointing to the wall obviously indicating that i should listen to whatever mum and Seth are talking about.

"Listen Ava, I gave you 5 years!!! 5 fucking years!!! and you still fail to deliver me the money!" Seth coldly spat out, which gave my shivers down my spine..

What does he mean? Money? What money? What is he talking about? I have so much questions running through my head.

"Seth... I can't afford to pay you! I have no money to give you.." My mum pleaded.

Tears began to fill my eyes, I can't see my mum like this.....

"Well love, you should of thought about this before, you decided to help your pathetic husband! We made a deal sweetheart... and we have done our bit now its your turn!" Seth growled, sounding very intimidating.

"I-I can't, my money has all gone to my daughters education..." My mum cried out loud.

"Who's fault is that then!?!" Seth hissed out.

Whatttt???? My mum owes this guys called Seth money..... and the whole boss thing was probarbly all fake.

"L-Listen seth... what do you want from me...apart from the money.." My mums shaky voice interrupted the cold silence that was left.

Seth laughed (and may i add he laughed evilly), "Who do you think i am love? We made a deal and it is final... if i don't get this money by the end of this week..... I will destroy you.... and your family!" Seth Demanded.

Brooklyyn pulled me into the kitchen, before they could see us.... Seth walked out the living room and towards the front door... "Toodle-doo sweetheart...." Seth grinned, whilst placing a small kiss on my mums cheek, and close the door behind him.

My mum leaned against the wall and fell down, her knees against her chest, whilst she silently sobbed.

I looked at Brooklynn and back at my mum... "M-MUM!" I cried out loud, whilst running towards her and bringing her into a huge bear hug.

She looked at me shocked and confused, "M-Maya.. you heard." My mums eyes filled with shock.

"Y-yeahh..." I cried.

She looked at Brooklynn, and back at me.. "Brooklynn... how could you!" My mum stood up, and walked towards Brooklynn.

What?

"Mum.... It was about time." Brooklynn frowned at mums state.

"What? Brooklynn! You knew and I didn't!!" I shouted, gaining both of there attention.

"M-Maya... You had your education to focus on... Plus i didn't tell Brooklynn she found out her self a couple of years ago.." My mum Stated, whilst wiping away my tears.

"Mum... Why do you owe him money?" I suddenly ask, and wait for her response.

Everyone was quiet for a few moments until she spoke up..."Five years ago... when your dad was alcoholic, and out of his mind. He got him self into quiet a lot of trouble... Maya your dad nearly got us all killed! He got involved with a dangerous gang... I decided, that i needed to do something, I got Seth and his gang to keep and eye out for your dad, and to protect us... Although the price was quiet high, but i was so desperate at the time that i agreed..." My mum let out with a sigh.

I froze completely after hearing all that.... It all makes sense, the dots join.... I felt tears prickle down my cheek, my breathing got heavier, the room started to spin, I couldn't control my self...

"I-I.. C-can't breathe!" I finnally let out with a whimper.

"Brooklynn!!! Get some water.. Shes having a panic attack.." My mum shouted, before heading my way and comforting me.

And after that.... I don't remember what happened ...

Heyyyy guysss, so here is another chapter! We uploaded two in a day... and we think there might just be one more chapter left........ :/ 

This book has gone by so fast, and our motivations that we expected with this book have died down a bit... 

Anywaysssssss, Please please don't be a silent reader and tell us what you think about this chapter, also vote if you liked it ;p

Zms xxx