An Unexpected Visitor

Sorry for the long wait everyone. Writer's Block sucks =( Read and enjoy! 

******************************************************************************************

Chapter Seven

Last night was probably one of the best nights I had ever had since… well a really long time ago. Even better than the time I found out I had been accepted to Colombia. Not only am I on good terms with my dad but I actually got a goodnights sleep and didn't have any nightmares, or wake up. Sure there still is a slight awkwardness between us but I was content with the way things have turned out. Of course the guilt from lashing out at Grace earlier that night was still there but I tried not to think about it and made a mental note to bake her some cookies and send them to her with an apology the next day, or you could say later that day since it was after dawn when I went to sleep.

As I was putting on some shorts, the door bell rang. "I'll get it!" I yelled, and then quickly ran down the stairs to see who it was. In my dad's house it was something normal to have people at the door at anytime of the day. Some were costumers, others were students but I still wasn't used to it.

"Hi!" I chirped as I opened the door. Just as I was about to say some more, the words stopped in my throat when I realized who it was; Julian. His trips to my house were becoming very frequent.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Yeah, um about that, I was kind of hoping you could help me?” he asked hopefully, scratching the back of his head while a tint of red spread over his cheeks. I really hate to admit it but he looked kind of cute actually.

“Are you… are you blushing?” I asked him as I tried to stifle a laugh.   

He glared at me while his face turned redder, “No, of course I’m not!” he denied.

“No, I think it looks like your blushing,” I teased.

He rolled his eyes, “Whatever, could help me?” he asked again, clearly embarrassed.

“What’s the magic word?” I asked in a sing song voice, enjoying his embarrassment. It wasn’t exactly everyday you see a twenty year old guy asking you to help them, especially if that guy is Julian Blake.

“Please?”

“No. The magic word is; ‘Oh Nadine, your highness, please I beg you to help me. Only your wisdom will be able to solve the dilemma I have been up for so many nights trying to figure out’,” I said in a posh English accent.

“You’re not seriously expecting me to say that?” he asked, “besides, that’s a sentence, not a word.”

“Uh uh uh, you’re asking me for help so either you do as I say or goodbye,” I told him while closing the door.

“Wait!” he said holding the door with his hand.

“I’m waiting,” I said impatiently.

He sighed, “OhNadineyourhighnesspleaseIbegyoutohelpmeOnlyyourwisdomwillbeabletosolvethe dilemmaIhavebeenupforsomanynightstryingtofigureout,” He said quickly, making it sound like it was only one word.

“Uh uh uh, you have to say loud and clear,” I told him shaking my head.

“Come on! I’m bruising my ego already by asking for your help.”

“Either you bruise it some more or you find someone else to help you,” I said simply. If he thinks he’s getting anything from me without grovelling, he’s got one thing coming.