Barbie and her Minions

Another upload!! Okay as a heads up this chapter is boring in some parts and better in others so read on and enjoy!! Don't forget to comment, vote and fan!!

*****************************************************************************************************

Chapter Eight

“Do you think she’ll like them?” I asked Julian nervously for about the thirtieth time. I didn’t really know why I was so nervous about going to apologize to her. I guess it was because she was my only friend here.

He inhaled deeply, trying not to snap at me like the many times before, “She loves cookies so just giving them to her will make her forgive you.”

“Are you sure?” I asked him again.

He turned his head to look at me, “Ye-”

“Eyes on the road!” I shouted. I did so not want to get into an accident all because Mr. Hotshot here wasn’t keeping his eyes where they should be.

Rolling his eyes, he did as I said muttering things about how I thought he couldn’t handle driving a car. Deciding to ignore him I looked out the car window at the people outside until I heard a clicking sound, made by a lighter.

“Oh no you don’t mister,” I warned as he lit up a cigarette. It was bad enough that the car reeked of cigars and he wasn’t letting me open the window and now he was about to light a new one? I don’t think so.

He cocked an eyebrow at me, “I do believe that this is my car.”

“And I’m riding in it.”

“You’re point being?” he asked as he blew a cloud of smoke into my face making me cough.

“My point being,” I wheezed, “have respect for other people and turn it out. Not to mention you’re killing poor, innocent penguins.”

“I guess you’re out of luck since I don’t have respect for other people,” he said with a smirk. “Even though I don’t really know what penguins have to do with this, I could care less.”

I stared at him horrified, I can’t believe he actually said that! My teeth clenched together, did he seriously not care about anyone except himself? These were penguins we were talking about! The poor, cute little creatures that roamed the Antarctic. I defiantly take back what I said about him being nice. Ignoring his constant protests; I pressed my finger down on the window button and opened it. He pressed the button on his side and closed my window but before it was fully closed I pressed it again so it wouldn’t. So basically, we started a match of open-and-close-the-window. Stopping at a red light he let out a sigh and threw his cigarette out the window seeing that I wasn’t giving up anytime soon. No one says that about penguins and gets away with it.

“Only because I don’t want my windows to stop working,” he pointed out when I sent him a smug look.

“Whatever makes you sleep at night.”

He scowled, but then it turned into a smirk, “I do know one thing that would make sleep at night…” he trailed off wagging his eyebrows suggestively. Staring at him horrified while a blush rose to my face I smacked his arm.

“Pervert,” I muttered. He just laughed.

Breakfast had been a little awkward to say the least. At first there was silence so I tried to start some small talk. Eventually my father warmed up a little to Julian and began asking him if he went to college and other things. To be honest, I was surprised I found out he went to college. I didn’t know why, but I just figured he dropped out of high school. I guess looks can be deceiving. The more shocking news was that he went to Colombia. He told us that it was family tradition to go to Cornell since one of his great grandfathers had been a founder but since he wasn’t so keen on family traditions, he told his parents that he was indeed going to Cornell only to attend Colombia, and them being in the same state, it wasn’t hard to do.