Flashbacks From the Past

You guys have no idea how sorry I am! I just didn't feel like writing these past few days. You might find this chapter kind of boring, but at least you'll get an insight to Grace's past. Just so you don't get confused, it goes from Nadine's point of view to Grace's. It's not that confusing, but if some of you find that it is just message me and I'll re-post this chapter telling who starts where. Please give me your thoughts on using Grace's POV later in the future, your opinions are important.

Comment, vote and fan!!

P.S: I don't live in America so I don't really know if they go on holiday for Thanksgiving. Let's just pretend for the moment that they do...

********************************************************************************************

Chapter Nine

Taking a deep breath she began with her tale.

“Ever since I was a little girl I had always heard of Brittany Anderson, but I never actually met her. My father and her’s were rivals in business so I had been pretty much forbidden to make friends with her. When I turned sixteen I started going to a boarding school in Boston. After arriving there I found out that’s where the famous Brittany Anderson attended. She came up and introduced herself to me asking if I wanted to be her friend. Of course me being the new kid, I was practically blown over the moon that I was able to make friends so quickly and with the girl I had heard about so much.”

***

Standing in front of the old building that was going to be my home for the next two years; I took a deep breath trying to calm down my panicking heart. Okay, deep breaths Grace, it’s just a new school, nothing to worry about. With that mantra going on in my head, I headed inside the school building, my driver carrying my bags behind me.

Walking towards the administration office, I kept my head down low, trying my best to ignore the murmurs around me.

Who is she?

I wonder grade she’s in? Probably a junior, but she could be a sophomore.

She’s really pretty, I wish my hair was as shiny as hers.

So you get the idea. After taking my schedule, map and all the other necessities, I headed towards my first class, math. Now I liked math and was pretty good in the subject, but I still couldn’t get rid of the nervous feeling. This was the first time I had move schools, so you probably understand. Knocking on the door, I then opened it and entered the classroom. The teacher looked my way and smiled warmly at me.

“You must be Grace, am I right?” he asked in a British accent. He was a pretty hot teacher too. Most of the girls didn’t even notice my appearance since they were too busy drooling all over him.

Nodding my head he gestured for me to enter the classroom. “Girls, this is Grace Blake, she’s a new student here. Make her feel at home,” he told the class before smiling once again then asking me to introduce myself. Did I forget to mention that this was an all girl’s boarding school? Well it was.

Trying to calm my panicking heart I stood in front of the class playing with my fingers. I was never good in front of crowds.

“Um… my name is Grace and I like to read,” I said awkwardly. Fortunately for me, only about two girls were actually paying attention to me while the rest eyed the teacher (whose name I didn’t know yet) like he was a piece of meat.

“Okay then Grace, take a seat next to…” the teacher trailed off before spotting an empty seat in the back next to a blonde girl that I couldn’t help but think I had seen her somewhere, “Brittany. Brittany love, hold up your hand.” Brittany did as the teacher asked, her blue eyes sparkling with amusement while a smirk played on her pink lips.