4. Weiner Stand

Still Your King - Enrique Iglesias (My brother and I dance to this in the car, its amazing)

I didn't leave my house for the entire weekend, I just stayed in my room and practised my music. To be honest, one party a week was enough for me, I was more of the chilled out night in type.

I did fond out some rather interesting news from my mother though, typical of he to know all of the local gossip.

"Do you know what happened the new boy's parents?" she asked me as we sat at dinner on the Sunday night.

"No, why?" I raised an eyebrow at her. I guess I hadn't really thought about it, it did seem kind of weird that he had suddenly appeared at the Pattersons'.

"Well, Dorothy told me she and Barny are fostering him. Apparently its his fifth home in the last five years."

"Wow, that's a lot" Willow commented. It made sense now, why he had suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I wondered if maybe whatever had happened to his parents had caused him to become the way he was.

"Well, that can't have been easy for the lad. Make sure you make an extra effort to befriend him Li Li" my dad instructed me and I nearly spat out my drink, all over the lovely dinner he had prepared.

"Oh don't worry about that dad, Will has had no problems making friends" I replied smartly, wishing he only knew the truth.

When Monday morning came along I contemplated switching schools and never going back to Minsterworth High School and never having to face Will, but perhaps that was slightly dramatic. I guess he wasn't really that bad.

"Do we have to listen to this?" I groaned as Willow switched the station to a rap song. My little sister, the conservative, up tight know-it-all, was a fan of rap music. It broke my heart. I swear she only pretended to like it because she knew I couldn't stand it.

"I'm sorry, we can't all be refined enough to enjoy Bach and Mozart" she practically spat at me.

"I didn't ask if we could listen to classical music Willow, I just asked if we could listen to any other than some guy talking really fast and calling it music!" I exclaimed as I pulled into the parking lot.

"That is not what rap is, god, how could you be so ignorant" she turned to look at me with a look of disgust.

"Well, that seems to be the main gist of all the rap I've heard" I rolled my eyes, she was such a drama queen.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket as I pulled into my usual spot, I always got there early enough that nobody took it. When I looked at who the text was off, I was confused, it was an unknown number.

Hey Malia, it's Davey. I'm in your English class.

Davey, sure, the strange kid who sat at the back and drew pictures of dragons the whole time. How on Earth did he get my number and why was he texting me?! I got out of the car, still staring at the screen, I didn't even look to see around me.

"Morning Lucky, you look well-rested. Did you have a good weekend?" Will was leaning against a car, that wasn't his, with an amused look on his face. And then I knew, somehow, in some way, he was responsible for the text.

"What did you do?" I accused immediately, glaring at him.

"Wow!" he held up his hands as if surrendering to the police "I ask you how your weekend was and you accuse me of doing something malicious? That hurts Lucky, that really hurts. You know, maybe you're not the nice girl you claim to be" he called after me as I hurried away, not wanting to be around him longer than I had to. He brought out the worst in me.