27. For Whom The Bell Tolls

Ultraviolet - Stiff Dylans (I love songs with great lyrics and the lyrics in this song are like poetry, they're so beautiful).

***

It wasn't long until I heard Will calling after me, I turned to see him running towards me, still shirtless and soaking wet.

I stopped and let him catch up with me. I should have been angry at him for what he just did to Riley, but I really wasn't. It was weird, I actually felt relieved, because it gave me a reason to call things off with Riley.

"I'm so sorry Lucky, I shouldn't have made a big scene like that and I know I promised that I wouldn't say anything about your relationship. He just got me so mad the way he kept bragging about having sex with you and honestly Lucky I'm not happy about you sleeping with him, but it's your choice-" he was ranting, clearly panicked that I was about to explode on him.

"Will! I can barely let the guy touch me and you think I slept with him?" I pointed out his error, making him pause and think.

"So wait, you're saying that you haven't..." He trailed off.

"Yes I'm a virgin and I know it's embarrassing," I said quickly, feeling incredibly awkward. I crossed my arms over my chest, feeling cold as I was wearing practically nothing and we were stood under the shade of a tree.

"It's not embarrassing at all. In fact, it's actually kind of great," he smiled at me genuinely. "Although I'm gonna have to kick Riley's ass for spreading crap about you," he added.

"Just let me break up with him first?" I chuckled, enjoying his protective side. Will had his faults and flaws like everyone else, but the way he made me feel was perfection. I felt safe with him there, like I had someone on my side.

"So you two are over? You're not going back to him?" He grinned.

"You could at least try to hide how pleased you are," I rolled my eyes at him. "The truth is that when I got to know him a little bit more, I didn't like him in that way. He talked far too much about hockey and we really don't have that much in common," I shrugged.

"Yeah, he is a bit of a dick," Will chuckled. "Do you want to get out of here? It's only half an hour walk to the next bus stop," Will offered.

"Sure, we need to grab our stuff though," I sighed, realising we would have to go back into the party.

"Ah! Leave it to me! I am a stealthy burglar, I shall retrieve our bags without getting noticed," he said before winking at me playfully.

Five minutes later he returned with both of our bags on his shoulder and a box in his hand.

"I stole the cake as well. Actually I didn't steal it since it is technically for you," he winked at me.

I couldn't help but laugh, who else would steal a cake from a party?

I grabbed my shirt from my bag and pulled it over my head, I did notice Will watching me as I did it, but decided to ignore it. Having a guy like Will check me out wasn't such a bad thing.

"I'm sorry that you didn't get to stay and enjoy your party, I guess I did kind of over react back there," Will said guiltily.

"Actually you did me a favour. When you threw Riley in the pool I was about to punch Sutton," I chuckled.

"You were?!" Will looked down at me excitedly. "I'm so proud, my little baby is growing up," he nudged me briefly.

Something about him calling me his baby and the way he touched me made butterflies erupt in my stomach, but I forced myself to forget about them.