22. Bambi

Country Girl - Luke Bryan

"Come on, you have to let me do your make up for you," Emma pleaded as I sat on my bed, stubbornly refusing.

"No, no way. Why don't you just concentrate on doing your own? You said you wanted to look hot for Peter?" I informed her.

"I never said that! I couldn't care less whether Peter thinks I'm hot, we're just friends," she argued, turning to face the mirror.

"Yeah, you tell yourself that," I mumbled under my breath. She heard I had said something as she narrowed her eyes at me but didn't question it further.

I looked down at all the makeup laid out in front of me and sighed.

"Willow!" I called, looking towards the open door.

Within a few seconds she appeared, pulling a head phone out of her ear. "Did you call me?" She asked.

"Yes, could you help me do my make up? Emma made me look like a clown last time," I told her, Emma simply rolled her eyes.

"Are you still going with Riley?" She questioned, still lingering in the doorway.

"Yes?" I was surprised she even asked.

"Then no," she decided, turning to leave.

"Willow! Please!" I practically begged.

"Fine," she sighed, hauling herself over and plopping down in front of me. "You realise I dislike him, right?" She felt the need to tell me.

"I had noticed," I said sarcastically, keeping my face still as she began working her magic.

"I don't see why you can't date Will," she shared her opinion. If I had a drink in my mouth I would have spat it everywhere.

"What?! Are you joking?" I exclaimed, somewhat in a state of shock, I was certainly surprised.

"Apparently there's nothing between them," Emma spoke directly to Willow, acting as if I was invisible.

"There isn't. Will is just my friend. I mean, until recently I thought that his only hobby was annoying me," I told them, trying to brush it off casually.

"Don't get wrong, Riley is really hot and I'm happy you're finally getting somewhere with him but now that Will has come along, it just feels like you two should be together," Emma said, pointing a mascara wand at me.

"As I said, I'm not interested in him in that way," I told them. I couldn't deny how important he was too me though, thinking back to our conversation a few nights ago.

Somehow, out of everyone, it was Will who had managed to break down my walls, even if only a little bit.

***

"You look amazing by the way," Riley told me as he drove us to the dance.

"Thanks," I smiled shyly, looking down at my floral dress and cowboy boots. I had decided not to wear a hat, that was a little too far for me.

When we arrived at the town square where the dance was being hosted, Riley helped me out of the car and led me where the music was coming from.

It was loud country music, a secret love of mine. I may have been born and raised in the city, but that didn't mean I couldn't appreciate the country way of life.

The town centre had been completely transformed! There was a stage for the band, a tent for food and drinks and hay bales to mark out the dance floor.

Sutton could be a psycho bitch, but she could plan one hell of a party! She had opened it up to the whole town rather than just the school and it seemed as though the whole town had turned up.