one.

( 001 )

( 001 )

THE BLONDE STEPPED OUT of the red convertible, shutting the door. She's instantly greeted by one of her close friends, Farkle Minkus. " Hi." He said, studying her.

"Uhm, Farkle." She raises one of her thick brows.

"Yes."

"Why ya' starting at me like that buddy." He doesn't answer her at first, instead grabbing her cheeks and playfully squishing them together.

" You're a little chubbier now." He giggles. Maya's heart starts pumping faster. Had she actually gained weight ? She hadn't realized. Had her mom noticed ? She didn't have much time to dwell on the thought when the bell for first period rang. When they walked into Abigail Adams HighSchool the halls were flooded with students of all different grades and ages. Farkle linked his arm with Maya's, wanting to make sure they weren't separated on their way to History.

Once they walked in they were greeted by Cory Matthews, referred to as Mr.Matthews during school hours. Unless you're Maya, in which case he's simply Matthews. The class filled within minutes, though Riley had yet to show up. Maya took notice but figured her friend had to stay home for an unknown reason.

Throughout class Maya's head drifted off from the subject being taught, thinking about the younger Matthews brother instead. His shiny dark hair that's always perfect even when in its messiest state. The tiny crinkles that formed around his eyes when he smiled. The wa–

"Maya." A voice calls out, snapping her from her thoughts. She looks up to Matthews and sees he's awaiting an answer to a question she hadn't even had a chance to process.

An escape came to her mind instantaneously, " Restate the question please." She smirked, amused at her efforts. Though even him restating his first remark hadn't registered with her. Her head was spinning and stomach grumbling, that's all that mattered in that moment. Intense at first, it dies down briefly, but comes again. This time it feels so real she's clutching her stomach and the next you know she's grabbing the bathroom pass and walking out the classroom casually, but quickly running down the hall into the girls restroom down hall once the door is shut.

The stall door bursts open and she falls to her knees just as she begins to gag involuntarily. Her eyes squeezed shut tight. While this is happening there's a gentle knock on her stall, " Hey, you okay in there ?" It wasn't exactly like she could answer, if she tried she'd simply be met with more nausea.

Atlast, it stops slowing her s avon was to get herself together. She pulls out a tissue, ripping it from its holder and wiping the corners of her mouth then flushing the toilet. Riley's revealed as the voice behind the question just moments before as Maya reopens the stall door. " Oh hi." The blonde says as she walks past her friend and over to the sink.

Not much else was said as she swisher water around in her mouth for a solid minute before spattering it down the drain. " You okay ?" Riley asks her question again.

"Peachy." Maya responds, sarcasm ridden in her voice. She grabs a napkin from the dispenser, " What are you even doing here ? I thought you were at home or something."

"I-Uhm."

As she finishes wiping the water from off her face she balls the towel up, tossing it into the nearby bin, " What were you skipping or something ?" She says this as a joke but the reaction on Riley's face tells her it's true. Maya's eyes widen, shocked at her theory. Was the Riley Matthews actually skipping class ?

"Don't tell my dad." This response alone answers Maya's thoughts.

" Wow" She sighs, " Never thought I'd see the day you decided to skip class without me having to actually be the reason." Maya smiles, slightly proud of the girl, " But, eh, don't worry these lips are ..sealed."

Riley chuckles, " C'mon lets go to class."

"But you were doing so well skipping." Maya frowns, " What are you even gonna tell Matthews when he asks where you were ?"

"I'll just say I got lost."

"Think he'll actually believe that ?"

"I can be convincing." Riley holds her head up, confident in her statement.

"If you say so."