nine.

( 009 )

( 009 )

THE GIRL SLIPPED THE OVERSIZED sweater over her head. She wanted to go in the kitchen, but her mom was up and she didn't want to take the risk of her stomach not being covered.

" Morning, Mayaboushka." She's greeted as she walks in. Maya sidehugs her mother and walks to the fridge, grabbing the jar of pickles.

" What's up with these giant sweaters you've bee wearing recently ?" Katy questions, pulling a pan and setting it on the stove.

" Oh, I think they're really cute. That's all." She says grabbing a pickle out of the container and biting down on it.

" Maya, if something was wrong, you'd tell me right ?" Maya's eyebrows furrow as if it's an automatic response. She nods.

" Okay." Her mom whispers to herself.

*  *  *

"Yeah, and it's like she knows something's different. Is that like a mother instinct or something ? Will I have that ?" Maya babbles.

" Well I don't know about that, but she's gonna connect the dots eventually Maya. How long do you think you're gonna be able to hide that bump ?" Josh's voice echoes through the phone.

" Not sure. I'll tell her eventually."

" Yeah, well I gotta tell Corey too."

A light switches on in Maya's head, " What if we just told them at one time ?"

" Oh, like at a dinner right ?" Josh adds on.

" Yes, we could order takeout or something, and we can do it at Riley's house. Or maybe your apartment."

" I think I better handle the details."

" Okay good. I'd kiss you through the phone if i could." She says, earning imitated kissing noises on Josh's side.