fourteen.

( 014 )

( 014 )

SHE NEARLY DROPPED THE PHONE when she was told Josh's condition. " He was in a crash" Repeats through her head as she stares through the glass window. She been doing so for what felt like forever, spotting nearly an endless amount of hospitals, none where Josh was placed. But that didn't mean she wasn't gonna keep jumping up everytime she saw one.

" You can lay back down, that's not it."

" How far away do you even live !"

" Not far Maya, and there isn't as much hospitals here as your making it seem with all the jumping you're doing." Kayla chuckles.

An annoyed Maya slouches back in her seat turning back to her window staring position. A tear effortlessly slips from her eye, she doesn't bother wiping it.

She needed to see Josh, needed to make sure he was gonna be okay.

* * *

When Riley spotted Maya she ran up to her and gave her a firm hug. Maya's shirt was soaked when they let go. Riley had been crying almost nonstop for several hours, seeing Maya had been the highlight of her day. " How is he?" Maya asks.

" He doesn't want to see us until he sees you. So..." She sniffles, " ..go on Maya. Room 132" The blonde nods, walking a bit further down the hall, taking a turn upon reaching his door.

"Josh." Maya whispered. Eager to know who was in his room, he struggles to open his eyes. When he sees Maya a small smile forms on his lips. He slowly raises a hand for her, she walks over and grabs it gently. " Hi." She says. She pulls a chair from the corner of the room and moves it as close to the bed as she can. "How are you feeling ? I was worried sick about you."

"I think so , they said i had something stuck in my thigh so they had to remove it surgically." This gives Maya a hinge of guilt , she wished she could've been here much earlier. " But the doctor says I should be doing better in a few weeks, until then I'll need bed rest." He speaks.

" I'm sorry I came so late." Maya says. " My mom kicked me out so it was quite a drive."

" She did what ? That's way too far! Where are you staying." Josh feels his muscles tense, his heart pumping harder. Maya realizes this as the heart monitor machine starts beeping a little faster, " Calm down would ya. I've been with my aunt, I have to live with her."

" This mean I can finally see you ?" He asks once he calms himself. She nods and he sighs in relief. Maya sets her hand on his thigh and he winces. " Ah."

" Sorry."

" No, no it's fine. Nothing I can't handle."

" Y'know when they catch the guy that did this I'm sure gonna kick his ass. Think he can hurt my boyfriend and get away with it ? Well he thought wrong." This makes Josh chuckle before he stops, sighing :

" If they catch him..." Maya sighs, she didn't want him to be so doubtful. He notices her expression change and reassuringly says, "But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is that you're here and your safe." Josh attempts to squeeze her hand. She half-smiles, sitting her free hand on top of his.