fifteen.

( 015 )

( 015 )

"YOU'RE DOING SO WELL." Maya smiles.

"Is this what it'll be like with the kid?" Josh asks. After the accident, he'd had some trouble getting back on his feet so he was being trained, using both crutches and Maya as a support system.

She chuckles, " They're gonna be so cute." She starts to jokingly imitate a waddling baby, earning a snort from her boyfriend. Then she pauses, a lightbulb popping over her head, " What would we even name them ?".

" Uhm, Amie ? Genevieve ?" He nods to himself, " Yeah, Genevieve. That should do it. Has a nice ring to it."

" Why'd you just assume its a girl ? What about the boy names ? And Genevieve does not have a nice ring to it."

" Sure it does, Josh & Maya & Genevieve, baby Gen. Little Genny."

" Saying it multiple times doesn't give it a ring, honey." She takes a seat.

" Honey." Josh smirks, "I like that."

" Besides," She squishes around in her seat trying to gain comfort, " We don't even know it's gender."

" Then let's go find out!"

Maya shakes her head as she rest it on top of her fist, " I dunno if i want to." She pauses, " Don't you want it to be, like, a surprise. A little suspenseful ?"

" Well, it'd be nice to know ahead of time. But I don't mind waiting, if that's what you want."

Maya sighs, " Are you hungry ?" Josh chuckles.

* * *

She lets out a soft moan as she bites down on her burger. Josh smiles, she was so cute. She looks up from her food and notices his glare, she smiles and it's a cute moment for them. Atleast until she unexpectedly burped. It caused the two goofballs to burst into a fit of laughter.

" Oh." Interrupting her laughs, Maya moans again, but not from her food. Josh rushes closer to her :

" My god, are you okay ? Does it hurt ? We need a doctor ?" He's eager for her answer, afraid she may be in pain.

" No." She says, letting out a chuckle, " No, Josh." She looks up to him, her face looking as if she'd just met Barack Obama. Her hand finds his and sets it on her stomach, " They just moved."

" What ? Are you sure ?"

" They've never done that before. I think it was a kick." She looks back down to her stomach and whispers, " Just wait."

So there they stood, awaiting the moment their child decided to make it's next move, awaiting the moment they could feel it ..together, awaiting the moment they could get a taste, just a little taste, of parenthood.

Then Josh's body slightly jerks from excitement, " Wait." he moves closer, laying his head on her bump, " She's moving ! And I can hear her little heart pumping!"

" His."

" You're so sure it's a boy." Josh says.

" And you're so sure it's a girl!" Maya argues.

" We'll just have to wait and see."

Maya smirks as another idea pops into her head, " How 'bout we make this interesting ?" Josh's brow rises and she clarifies, " Bet on it."

" Oh yeah ?"

" Yeah. I bet, it's a boy and if i'm right i want foot rubs whenever i ask for a whole two weeks and you have to make me an omelet."

" And if I'm right, you've gotta  say, "you were right"" Josh smiles, satisfied with his request.

" That's all ?"

" That's all."

( ! )

a.n | hi, uhm, i'm putting name suggestions in, comment on the like you want to suggest in :*

boy names .

girl names .