eighteen.

( 018 )

( 018 )

WHEN MAYA PENELOPE HART was sixteen years 47 weeks and 2 and a half days old she'd gone in the labor for the very first time in her life. But we aren't to that part yet, we'll have to start at the beginning.

She'd been preparing for the John Quincy Adams High School homecoming game

She'd thrown on a random jersey she found in her closet and some freshly washed jeans so she could make it to the game to cheer on lucas with the rest of their friend group.

She'd gotten dressed, and gotten to the game and yet couldn't help but feel a bit fatigued, infact she'd been feeling so the past few days. Maya sighs as she feels a braxton hicks contraction taking place, they'd been happening for a few days now.

The first time she'd been absolutely sure the baby was making its way out, but then the doctor informed her that these were just "practice contractions" that her uterus was only preparing for its big day --giving birth. That they'd subside if she sat down and sipped some water. So that's what she did, sat on her bed, legs crossed on the bed, and sipping her bottled water.

As she twists the bottle shut she feels a sudden tightening in her stomach followed by an immense amount of pressure. She reopens the bottle and repeats the procedure for braxton hicks, except it doesn't work this time. She grabs her phone to call Josh. When he answers she can hardly get any words out as she tries to speak, "I think .. I think I ..."

"The babies? Is it the babies?"

"No I don't .. Yes, I mean yes I'm having a contraction, a real contraction, and Riley isn't here yet and I think I'm gonna freak out right about now." Maya pants.

"No, don't. Deep breathes, okay? Find Farkle, he's there. I'm on my way."

Josh dropped everything when he heard Maya panicking on the other end of the phone. He rushed to turn the tv off and grab his keys. He was out the door in under a minute, but had to turn back because he's almost left the backup birthing bag. So once he grabbed that he'd actually left.

* * *

As the pair walked toward the waiting room, they saw Corey and Topanga, Riley and Auggie, and finally Katy. They all stood once they noticed the expecting couple walking down the hall. Katy's the first to walk up to them, "How are you doing sweetie?"

"Besides the," She pauses, taking a deep breathe, ". . .absolutely horrible contractions?"

Just then Dr. Hemmings makes his way into the room, "Maya? Good, come with me. Your partner aswell." He escorted them to the room Maya would be giving birth in and began explaining to Maya she would need to be patient, "Your labor could take one hour, one day, or even one week."