four.

( 004 )

( 004 )

AS THEY PULLED UP to the building, Maya fiddled with her fingers, thinking of what she would say and when she would say it once they got inside. The couple stepped out of the car and began walking towards the tall structure.

Maya reasonably followed the boy to the elevator and to the apartment since she'd never been to the place before. Once the elevator opened up they walked in and stood silently until Maya spoke up," I have to tell you something."

" Something wrong?"Josh asked.

Suddenly she felt butterflies swarming in stomach. She couldn't do it at least not at this moment," Uhm, it can wait until later."

" You sure ?" She nods to this.

He gave her a toothy smile. With all the things on her mind, the simple tasks of returning a smile seemed a lot harder than it was just a day earlier. She managed a not-so-genuine smile or, corners of the lips pulled up high as hell, back to him.

The door to the elevator opened again, allowing them to vacate. They walked through the halls insearch of the apartment, finally finding it minutes later.

" Are you ready ? I'm so ready." The brunette says enthusiastically as he sticks the key into the lock and twists it. Maya flinched at this, she knew the closer he was to opening that door, the closer she was to having to tell him about their baby.

" Tada!" Josh beamed as he pushed the door open to a large empty living area with bright white walls and light tan carpet that ran across the whole floor. Maya was definitely impressed, it was a very ideal living space, and if this was only the living room, what did the rest of the apartment look like?

" Would you like a tour?" Josh turned to her. She simply nodded and let him lead the way, " It's not super grand all around, but it's still pretty cool." She nods, they proceed.

He shows her the cute kitchen complete with a dishwasher, refrigerator, granite countertops, and double sink. They went onto the first bathroom, which had white walls aswell as a round bathtub, shower with a clear door attached to it, and a one-vanity sink with granite countertop.

And finally, the bedroom and its bathroom. This bedroom was way bigger than her own, it was complete with its own walk-in closet, and the second bathroom just as nice as the first, maybe even better.

" This is a super nice apartment, like really nice. How can you afford all of this?" The girl asked as politely as possible.

" It's actually only four hundred a month. I can make ends meet with my job."

" Well then." Maya shrugged ," Cool."

" Are you hungry?" He said, pretty much reading her mind. She nodded and he proceeded to call up a pizza delivery.

* * *

" So you said you had something you wanted to tell me?" Josh took a bite of his pizza.

" Oh?" The girl plays coy, already got dreading this conversation.

" Yea, at least that's what you said in the elevator earlier."

" Oh." She says once again, picking up her drink and took a long sip, " Yea uhm–" She paused, taking a deep breath as she thought of the best way to tell him.

" I-I uhm... wanted to tell you that..." She didn't think such few words would be so difficult to say. What if he told her to leave? That he never wanted to see her again? She didn't know if she'd be able to handle that.

" Maya? Babe are you okay?" Josh questioned when he noticed the girls entire demeanor change. By this time the tears were already pooling from her eyes, she tried fighting to hold them back, but it was useless.

She breathe in heavily, " What I was tr-trying to s-say was uhm."She'd never would've guessed that she'd be saying these words at only age sixteen.

" I'm pregnant."