ten.

( 010 )

( 010 )

"YEAH, EVERYTHING IS READY. You and your mom can come over now." Josh said.

"Thank you so much, you're the best." She said before hanging up and walking into the living room where Katy was. She needed to come up with a reason for them to both go to Riley's house." Mom ?"

" Yeah honey."

" We need to go to Rileys house."

"We don't need to." She says.

" But mom!"

"What for ?." She growled. Maya's eyes widen a bit, she was really hoping she hadn't asked for the specifics , " It's, uhm.. a surprise." she smiles. Katy sighs, slipping on her jeans , and shoes. She grabbed her car keys and they made our way to the car.

*  *  *

Many mixed emotions flooded through her as they reached the building. How should she feel about telling my mom ? Anxious ? Freed ? She didn't know. Considering this wasn't exactly the news you'd want to be hearing from your sixteen year old daughter, she could be disappointed and get mad. Or she could instantly want to be there for her daughter and be very happy and tell her to make the best of things. Or–

"What are we waiting for?" Katy asks.

"N-nothing. C'mon." Maya opens her door and her mom follows suit. They made their way to the lobby elevator Maya pushes the circle button and they wait for the elevator to fall.

12 . .

. .11. .

. . 10 . .

"It's taking forever." Katy complains. Maya continues to stare at the numbers. This was it, these were the last few moments she would ever have again with her mother as her amazing, non-pregnant sixteen year old.

9. .

. .8. .

. .7. .

" So what's this surprise?" Katy trues making conversation..

" If I told you now, it wouldn't be a surprise right ?"

6. .

. .5. .

. .4. .

At this point Katy's foot is tapping repeatedly against the floor, she was always a very impatient person.

3. . 2 . . 1

" Finally." Katy exclaims. The silver doors of the elevator opens and they step in. The subtle music plays in the background as the button of Riley's floor is pressed.

"So what does it look like?" Katy blurts out, eager to find out about the surprise before its time.

"What ?" Maya asks, confused as to why her mother kept bugging.

"The surprise." Maya hears this, but she pretends she doesn't, hoping her mom simply drops it with all the questioning. The elevator door opens back up and they walk out, striding down the hall to the apartment.

*  *  *

She takes a look at everyone sitting at the table.

Josh, Topanga, Cory, her mom, and Riley for moral support. They were all here. The arrangements Josh made were great. Even if it wasn't in some fancy restaurant, it was nice.

They were like a big family in Maya's eyes.

Riley looks to her bestfriend, making eye contact. She shifts her eyes over to where Katy was sitting then back to Maya, and mouths the words it's now or never. Maya nods, agreeing with her friend. She pushes her chair back and slowly stands.She was nervous but knew Riley and Josh had her back.

"I have something to say."