eight.

( 008 )

( 008 )

ITS BEEN THREE WEEKS. . .

Three weeks of a growing fetus. Three weeks of hiding from her mother. Three weeks of little to no communication with Riley.

She stood at the door, patting down her clothes because she was in such a rush to get here she didn't have time to iron them. She held a bouquet of flowers in her hand, daisies with pink roses place beautifully inside a pink vase. She hoped Riley would like it.

She molds her hand into a fist and knocks three times. Hopefully someone will hear her over the loud pop music bumping throughout the apartment.

They do, and the door is opened by Lucas Friar. "Well short-stack of Pancakes , thought you'd never make it."

"Ah, Huckleberry." She raises an eyebrow and gives off a half-smirk. He steps aside and let's her in. She looks around, seeing all her friends and most of Riley's family, but not the girl herself. She turns to Lucas.

"Where's Riley ?"

He furrows his brows, thinking for a moment before he says , " Actually, I don't know. I mean she was here when we all came but she kinda disappeared." Maya nodded, having a good idea of where she needed to go.

She walked up to Riley's door. It was already cracked open and she could see Riley's legs by the bay window. She slowly pushed the door open wider, Riley looks her way. Maya whispers ," Hey." as she shuts the door, giving them some privacy before she walks over to her friend.

Riley sets her leg down, allowing Maya to take a seat. " Happy Birthday, I brought you a bouquet." She extends the gift toward the brunette, "Hope you like it." Riley takes the vase and holds it, lightly tapping her index finger against it while staring at the floor, "I don't want you to be mad at me anymore Riley's." She speaks again.

" I'm no-" Riley stops, sitting up straighter and looking to Maya, " I'm not mad at you. Not now atleast."

" Then why haven't we talked since that day."

"Because I was mad then."

"But why?!" Maya says a little loud. She should've been the one upset, she was the one having a baby for pete's sake, not Riley.

"I don't know ! It's stupid okay." Riley frowns.

" Riles, you can tell me."

She looks to Maya , "I felt ..betrayed. Okay ? I thought that if you had the baby you'd leave me behind and that we wouldn't be friends or something. I don't know, I told you it was stupid. I wasn't thinking straight at all." She sighs, " I'm sorry I was an idiot."

Maya smiles ," Yeah well you're my idiot. And I forgive you."

" Aww." Riley pulls Maya into a hug. " When are you gonna tell who the father is."

Maya sat up, she didn't even realized she hadn't told her, " Uncle Boing."

" Oh my god, really ? Actually, that makes sense. So does that make you my aunt now ? Since the baby is gonna be my cousin."

" I- I didn't even think of that. But..let's not call me that, i'm still just Maya." They both giggle. She was happy to have her bestfriend back.

" Now lets go party."

 ✓ | small bump → girl meets worldOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara