twelve.

( 012 )

( 012 )

THE SMALL BLOND WOKE UP grumpy this morning. Still having mixed emotions about last night. She walked into the living room and saw her mom. Without a word, she turned, going straight to the kitchen and rummaged through the fridge for something to eat.

"I made you a salad," Katy says, walking in ,"it's important to stay healthy during pregnancy." Maya's surprised her mom even said two words to her. After last night she was sure she'd be completely disowned or something. She looks on the counter and there's a blue bowl, lettuce inside of it slightly visible. She grabs the plate and says thanks before going into her room.

She feels her hand around the dresser for the tv remote but couldn't seem to find it.  "Ugh." she groans, ready to give up but decides to see if it's sitting by the television itself. When she turned around, it dawned on her. The tv was gone. She let out a loud sigh and went to sit on her bed, pulling out her cellphone and watching a video instead while she ate her salad,

*  *  *

When she was done washing her plate she went into her mom's room and asked her about her missing tv. "I packed and sold it" she said, not even glancing her daughters way.

"Why the hell would you do that ?"

" Language. I need the money Maya. And speaking of packing I think it's best you start doing so."  She said

"What? Why?" Maya was confused, "Are we moving out or something?"

"No Maya." She pauses, "You're moving out."

"What?! Where am I going to go?!" Maya was freaking out, this was completely unfair.

"My sister is coming to get you in a few hours honey."  Honey ? Did she really just 'honey' her after practically kicking her out ?

"But I don't want to move out. I'm not." She declared ,"I'm staying"

"It's not your choice Maya. Go now, please."

"I hate you !" She screamed, running out of the room.

She couldn't believe this was happening. Being sent off with someone she's met once about ten years ago was completely insane.

This is bullshit.

*  *  *

" Hey, this is Josh, you've reached my voicemail which means I'm busy or my phone's dead. I'll get back to you when I can."

She called Josh at least six times already, receiving the same voicemail each time. It annoyed her. How busy could be possibly be ?

Repetitive knocks rattled the door, startling Maya.  She turns around as her  mom came rushing to the door. "I'm right here stop knocking" she said opening it. There a woman stood. She was pale. Strawberry blonde locks flowed down to her mid back. Sea blue eyes, and a freckled face.

"Hey Maya!" She said grabbing the blonde and hugs her ," It's been so long since I've seen you!"

"Uhm... Hey" Maya gently pulls back.

"Well I don't mean to rude you but you girls should get going." Katy inserts.

"Well it's good to see you too big sis." The girl chuckles, "Bye then. Come on Maya." She say, opening up the door again.

When they got in the car, the first thing Maya knew she had to do was call Riley. She needed to know she wouldn't be living with her mom anymore. She pulls the phone from her pocket dialing up the number.

The phone doesn't even ring for a sit second before it hits voice mail. Maya figures the phone is dead and shoots a text :

hey , text me when you can. it's important.