five.

( 005 )

( 005 )

HIS EYES WIDENED IN SHOCK. Maybe he'd heard wrong, but maybe he hadn't. " Maya, did you just say that -"

" I'm pregnant." She stopped him mid-sentence, slightly biting her lip out of nervousness.

This time he'd definitely heard her. Pregnant. He didn't know what to think, what to say. He was only nineteen, his life is pretty much just starting and now he's gonna be a father? He exhales a deep breathe and stares off into space, rubbing his face with his hands and eventually sliding them high enough to stroke his hair. " How do you even know for sure ?"

" I took a test."

" Sometimes rest are wrong." Maya sighs, taking the last resort to prove to him she was telling the truth. She lifts her shirt up a bit, revealing her stomach noticeably sticking out from her small figure. Joshs mouth makes a O shape.

Another tear escapes Maya's eye and she frowns. Her voice cracks and her lips quiver as she whispers, " You hate me." Already having made up her mind, she didn't bother questioning it.

" No ! No, I'm sorry I was.....it's just....it's a lot to take in." He states, staring at the bare floor.

" I understand if you won't want to be with me now." As much as it pained her to say, she didn't expect him to stay. Why would he? He's young and his life had just began. But at the same time, so bad hers.

" Maya, no. I wouldn't do that. I love you too much to even think of leaving you." This time it was her whose eyes were widening.

" You love me?"

He didn't say anything. He simply nodded, staring deep into her blue irises. The girl chewed on her bottom lip, stopping only to take a deep breathe before replying, " I love you too, Josh." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead, grabbed her hand and held on tightly.The two of them sat there silently, not speaking at all. Just enjoying each other's company.

*  *  *

"Did you see a doctor?" Josh asked as the engine roars to life.

Maya shook her head, " No, not yet."

" We could make an appointment at General." He suggests

" I don't know." She says. Josh looks to her raising a brow, confused at her words. She clarifies, " I don't know if we should keep the baby. I mean we have our whole lives ahead of us. Don't you think a baby would ruin that ? Especially at this age."

Josh frowned at her words, but he understood where she was coming from. He didn't think a baby at this age would be ideal but he didn't want her to have an abortion.

Maya notices he's in thought " Josh?"

" Yeah ?"

" You're like.. cool with that, right ?." She raised a brow.

" Yeah, of course." She sported a half-hearted smile at this, though she couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt she within her.

The car ride is quiet for the most part, an exception of musical tunes running through the car at a low volume. " Does your mom know?" He speaks suddenly, pausing a second before adding, " About this baby I mean ?"

Maya had been so worked up about telling Josh that she'd completely forgot she still had to talk to Katy, but most importantly, her bestfriend.

" No, not yet."