thirteen.

( 013 )

( 013 )

"IS HE GONNA BE OKAY?" Riley sniffles.

"Well his conditions ..." The doctor says, " They're pretty harsh. We're doing everything we can".

"Riley maybe you should go and call Maya. Tell her what happened." Topanga suggests.

"I can't. My p-phone is dead."

*  *  *

36 hours earlier.
moments after big announcement.

" You've helped enough !" Katy yell's, tugging Maya away and letting herself out. Josh sighs heavily, running his hands through his hair out of frustration.

"Josh it's okay. Just give her some time to process this." Corey did his best to comfort his brother, "She's reasonably upset."

" But was that really necessary ?"

" Different people react to news in different ways." Corey explains.

"Thanks Corey . I'm just gonna go home." Josh said grabbing his coat and walking out the door. He presses the button that brings him down to the lobby floor.

He jumped on his motrcycle as soon as he made it to the parking lot. Starting up the engine and driving off, he was distracted. All he could think about what was gonna happen with him and Maya based on Katy's reaction. Would she ban him from seeing her ? His baby ? What if she needed him ? He wanted to be there.

*  *  *

Timothy had been drinking all night at a bar. His suspicions of his wife's infidelities had turned out to be right and he wasn't taking it well.

Too drunk to even speak, he hops in his truck, giving the dashboard a couple of rough repeated hits. He starts the car up, cackling as the engine roared, and backs out of his parking spot.

Tim obviously wasn't exactly paying much attention to the road. He feels a big bump in the road but in his state, he payed it little to no mind at all. But an ambulance was called immediately as someone nearby had witnessed the accident.

Josh didn't feel anything, his face was bloody, he couldn't move,and his mind blank. All he could do was stare at the all the faces carrying him into the truck.

*  *  *

Present

The brunette boy took small breathes with the help of a tube inserted through his nose.

"Hi Josh. I'm Dr. Marvin." The man walks in, "If you can get yourself to speak, I would like to know if there is anyone specific you would like to see before I allow the rest of your family in."

"M..m...", Josh struggles getting putting his words together,"Ma....Maya." he whispers.