Prologue

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hello everyone! Welcome to the brand new story FIRST LOVE, WORST LOVE starring none other than Little Miss Ashleigh Apple, first seen in the book "Could You Love An Apple?"

I have decided to call my series of stories the "Love Stories" series (as they all have love in the title!) - so for new readers (hiya!) this is officially Book 3... HOWEVER, it can also be read as a standalone and you do not need to have read the previous two books to enjoy this one. I am thrilled if you do choose to read my previous work, but it is really not necessary and I hope that some of my recent followers who haven't read any of my works yet might choose to start here :)

I have a few little things to mention before starting the story so here we go...

- Thank you so much to everyone who sent me a book cover, it was incredibly tough to choose between them all, but in the end I decided on Avylinn's awesome design as the official cover. I am planning on adding the other covers to upcoming chapters (in that space above where Ash's face is currently sitting) so if any other readers out there would like their work displayed before chapters, be it a cover design or a fan-art, just send me a PM as I'd love to showcase your work!

- I have made a slight tweak to the continuity... In CYLAA, Annabelle and Sarah are training to be PE teachers and they are also a year older than Ash, but after a bit of thought and research I decided it would be better to make them the same age as her and studying to be coaches rather than teachers (you would need three years of uni to be an actual teacher which I stupidly didn't think about). It's only a minor thing which doesn't affect anything much in the previous story, but just in case you are confused why the first draft of Apple doesn't match up to this at the moment.

- Book 1 in the series, "Reasons To Love A Nerd Like Me" is available to purchase on Amazon Kindle - if anyone who enjoyed it can leave me a Goodreads review then I would be eternally grateful! Book 2 is available in first draft format on my Wattpad page, currently editing for release later this year :)

- This first chapter is just a prologue to give you a little taster, but later chapters will be longer.

- I will be updating EVERY TUESDAY! (Just like the good old days!)

- More info on me can be found on my website or Facebook, all the links are on my profile <3

OK that is more than enough rambling. I can't wait to hear what you guys think... Let the new adventure begin!

Becky xx

***

PROLOGUE

My name is Ashleigh Apple and in case you didn't already know, here are the top ten facts about me:

1. I recently turned nineteen years old and I am traumatised by the fact I only have one year left of officially being a teenager.

2. I have red hair that reaches my shoulders, green eyes and a teeny, tiny smattering of freckles on my nose that you can only see if you look very, very closely.

3. I live in the village of Westerfield in the UK. It's a super tiny place where nothing much ever really happens but it's my home and I love it.

4. I live and work in my family's pub, The Apple Inn along with my Mum, my Dad, my older brother Benji and his boyfriend Taylor who also lives with us. I've been here since I was a kid and I started serving behind the bar as soon as I was old enough to work. Sometimes it's a really boring job, especially on days when we have no customers, but for the most part, I really enjoy it.

5. My hobbies include going out clubbing, music, following my favourite bands, getting addicted to games on my phone, fashion and organising stuff. I even have my own laminator machine which my brother teases me about endlessly, but it's so handy for making presents and scrapbooks!

6. My height is approximately five foot two, which Benji insists is midget sized. I don't think I'm that short, I just think everyone looks tiny next to him because he's annoyingly tall.

7. Actually, everyone in my family picks on me most of the time. They tell me I'm too loud and too excitable and that I get carried away too easily. It's so unfair! I can't help it that I'm a passionate person.

8. I have a lot of mates around the village but my two best friends are Annabelle and Sarah who are both studying to be tennis coaches at Westerfield Access College.

9. I didn't go on to uni or any other courses after sixth form since I didn't really know what I wanted to study. And anyway, I'm fine working at the pub so who cares?

10. I love animals and I keep trying to convince my Mum to get a dog. He could live behind the bar and I'd look after him and walk him every day, but she keeps saying no.

So there we have it. Ten facts about little old me.

Only I hate to break this to you, but absolutely none of it matters anymore.

It doesn't matter if I can get a dog, or that everyone teases me. It doesn't matter what I look like or what I like to do.

It certainly doesn't matter that I only have one year left of my teens.

Because guess what? There's one extra fact that I haven't told you yet. And that unknown fact is the following:

11. My life is officially over.

---

I hope you enjoyed this little teaser....! Please vote and comment if you did! :D I'll see you next Tues xx