Chapter 10 - Boy Rules

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I thought I'd add a nice picture of Benji at the top this chapter since he has a little cameo today ;)

I'm thinking about writing a collection of Taylor/Benji drabbles once my editing of Apple is out the way, I am missing them too much! :)

Also THANK YOU for 14k reads....!!!! :D Hope you all like this chappy!

Love Becky xx

***

Chapter 10

Boy Rules

It is coming up to 1am. We are on the last train back home and for the past seven stops, I haven't been able to keep the massive smile from my face.

And I haven't been able to stop talking about Jaxon. Or the kiss. I've relived every tiny detail, over and over again, until Annabelle and Sarah are absolutely sick of hearing about it. But I can't help myself. The excitement is tumbling out of me and there's literally no way to stop it.

"It's crazy to think we wouldn't have even been outside if I hadn't almost fainted," I babble. "I wonder what would have happened if we'd stayed in the mosh pit. Do you think he still would have kissed me? Do you think he planned it all along or was it spontaneous?"

Annabelle is banging her head against the train window. "Ash, enough. I can't take it anymore."

"Aw, don't be mean," Sarah laughs. "She's just excited because it's her first kiss."

"Yes and we've heard about it for the past half an hour," Annabelle answers. She stops hitting the window and turns to me, crossing her arms in irritation. "Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy for you. But I know what you're like. You'll be going on about this until Kingdom come if we don't put a stop to it now."

"Hey, I'm not that bad," I protest. "I thought you wanted to know exactly what happened."

"Yeah, we did. Once. Not a hundred times."

I'm so deliriously happy right now that I can't even be mad at Annabelle's lack of enthusiasm. I smile widely at her. "I can't help it! I never dreamed in a million years that this would happen to me tonight. I just wish I could relive it over and over and over..."

"Nooooo," Annabelle cries. "What have we done to deserve this?!"

Sarah reaches over from the seat opposite and shakes my shoulders. "Get a grip Apple! You have to try and play it cool. Don't get too carried away like you did with Kieran."

"I notice you've forgotten all about the so-called love of your life already," Annabelle cuts in with a despairing shake of her head. "What about all your tears and heartache from earlier?"

My face gets hot and I glance to the floor. "I guess you were right about everything. It wasn't real after all, it was just a silly crush."

I hate admitting out loud that my friends were right, but I'm slowly realising how stupid I've been acting. I was never in love with Kieran. He's barely even crossed my mind since I met Jaxon, so I can't have been. My heart still twinges a little when I think of the Sue-Ella Youtube video, but the pain feels manageable now. Like it's hardly even there at all.

"See, we told you that you'd get over it," Sarah says with a wink. "But it's easy to get swept up in a crush like that, especially with a rock star. I think I'd have been crying over it too if I was in your position."

"Thanks," I say gratefully. Sarah is always so diplomatic when it comes to people's problems. Somehow she makes me feel a little less foolish than I probably should be feeling right now.