Chapter 26 - Shattered

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Today's picture is of someone getting a tribal print tattoo - it looks very painful! Ash what are you doing?!

I think a lot of you have been waiting for this chapter for a really long time... It's getting intense now. Let me know what you think of it!

Big hugs,

Becky xx

***

Chapter 26

Shattered

I'm flicking through a big book of artwork. Skulls and roses and long, swirling patterns that would look perfect hugging the curves of someone's body.

I am pretty sure I can tell which ones belong to Jaxon. There's a signature flick to the end of these designs that perfectly match the tattoo on his arm. Maybe I could get the same one as him. Then we'd always be linked together.

Then again, I could get one of his new creations. I could be the first one to ever have it done. I could even get his initials underneath it so it's obvious what I'm trying to represent. It's such a shame he can't be the one to ink it onto me, but this way it will be even more of a surprise. Once he sees it, he's going to know how serious I am about him. About us.

Once he sees it, he'll finally forgive me and everything will start getting back to the way it should be again.

As I'm mentally listing different body parts to use as a canvas (I'm thinking shoulder blade might be the least painful), Chloe wanders over to me, a hesitant smile on her lips.

"How's it going?" she asks, nodding to the book. "Getting much in the way of inspiration?"

I continue to leaf through the designs, going so fast that they all begin to blur into one. "Yeah, loads! I've just got to pick my favourite."

More patterns flash before my eyes, all of them in Jaxon's distinct style. Any one of them will look perfect on my skin. And once I have his beautiful creation adorning me, I'll go back to being his muse. The one he loves. Just like I love him.

Chloe casually takes a seat next to me on the row of leather seats lining the waiting room. She slings her arm over the back of the chair, showing off her vibrant sleeve of colourful cartoon characters. "We've got all these up on our website. Maybe you should have a proper look before deciding on something. You know, make sure whatever you pick is right for you."

She's looking at me with so much scepticism it's practically drowning me. She doesn't think I can go through with this. She doesn't think I'm serious.

"No, I'll find something," I answer boldly. "I just need a minute to make my mind up."

"Sure, that's cool," she answers, not really sounding like she means it. There is a slight pause, then she looks at me with a smile. "It's just, you know, this is a pretty big decision. You don't want to make it in a rush and regret it." Her eyes land on the top of my head. "Hair can grow back, but tatts don't really go away."

OK, this is not on. She's totally judging me and she doesn't even know me. Now I know how Jaxon feels when people do this to him.

"Yeah, I know," I snap back. "That's the whole point. I want something that's going to last forever."

Chloe doesn't reply at first. She just looks me up and down, taking in my dirty, sick-stained clothes and my bare stomach. OK, I know I probably look like a bit of a mess. And my make-up from last night is still clinging to my face despite me trying to scrub it off with soap and water before I left. But so what? It's the rock chick look. I thought she was cool enough to understand that.