Chapter 14 - Innocence

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! It's Ash's big cinema date today so today's picture is a cinema screen! Wow, I wanna go to the cinema now...! (But maybe not with Jaxon...)

In other news, I have been steaming ahead with the Taylor/Benji flash fiction and I think it will be ready to post up sooner than I anticipated. I'll keep you all posted :)

Also THANK YOU for all the lovely birthday messages this week! I turned 29 on Sunday, one year left of my twenties eek! So better have fun with it ;)

Hope you're all doing great, leave a vote and comment if you're enjoying the story so far! :D Thaaanks!
Becky xxx

***

Chapter 14

Innocence

OK, this is a serious question. When did adverts become so embarrassingly raunchy? There have been three in a row playing up on the big screen and all of them have involved some scantily clad, perfect-looking woman doing something overtly sexual with everyday objects. One was licking a yoghurt lid and groaning, another was showing a heck of a lot of boobage whilst tying a pair of trainers and now a girl in lingerie is opening a packet of cat food in the most sensual way imaginable.

And all the while I am distinctly aware of Jaxon's body right next to mine. Our arms are brushing together on the armrests and I feel his natural heat pulsing like fire against me.

I have never been more self-conscious in my whole life. Every limb is resting in the wrong place. I'm breathing all wrong and way too loudly. Plus it's dark and I can't see Jaxon's face or tell what he's thinking at all. Is he even aware of this crazy electricity surrounding the two of us? Am I just imagining it?

He leans into my ear, his voice husky and heart-melting. "Thanks for the hot-dog Minx. It was great."

"Y-you're welcome," I reply breathily. I suddenly notice I still have some of mine left. I'm so nervous that I actually forgot to finish it. I pick it up and take a bite just as a hunky, shirtless man on screen sprays himself with a can of Coke. The image alarms me and the hot-dog goes down the wrong way, causing me to cough and splutter like a madwoman.

"Hey, you alright?" Jaxon starts to rub my back which makes everything worse. His fingers burn in a way that's incredible and terrifying all at the same time.

"I'm fine," I choke, swallowing back the stray piece of food. "I think I just bit the wrong end."

"Oh really?" Jaxon teases, his words laced with innuendo.

My mouth gapes open in embarrassment, then I realise it's full of food and I quickly close it again. Jaxon is staring intensely at me, looking like he would rather eat me than the hot-dog. I've never been looked at in this way before. Not even when we were kissing the other night. I don't know what the hell to do.

Thankfully the lights get darker just as I'm on the verge of freaking out, ready for all the movie trailers. I hastily turn my body away to face the screen. "Oh, I love these! I wonder what's coming out next month."

The booming noise of actors talking and doing stunts drowns out my pounding heart and I fix my eyes intensely in front of me, despite the fact all the action scenes are boring as hell. I can't cope with looking at Jaxon anymore.

But he's still looking at me. I can physically feel his gaze on my face, my neck, my legs.

I thought this was what I wanted so why can't I meet his eyes?

---

It's been about twenty minutes since the movie started. The room is even darker now and a load of cars are zooming around the big screen. I don't really know or care what's happening. But at least all the loud, roaring engines are a slight distraction from how thoroughly self-conscious I feel right now. My shoulders are tense, my legs are trembling and my breathing is getting shallow.