Chapter 17 - Makeover

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! Today's picture is a clothes shop changing room in honour of Ash and Jaxon's little shopping game this chapter. I think it might be safer if she just stays behind the curtain though...!

Thanks for all the lovely comments, as always they mean so much! Also in case you haven't seen it yet, I have a BRAND NEW collection of bonus Flash Fiction all about Taylor and Benji on my profile which I will be updating every Thursday! So if you are looking for some cute fluff to read, check it out :D

Enjoy the next installment, much love to you all!
Becky xx

***

Chapter 17

Makeover

1 New Message From Jaxon Stark

"Hey Minx. I had a great time last night. Haven't stopped thinking about you all night. Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? I'm not on shift this Sun so we could look around Northcastle, window-shop, grab some lunch. Whatever you want. Let me know. I NEED to see you again. ;) Xx"

---

My heart is fluttering like mad as I read Jaxon's text message over and over. He can't stop thinking about me. He NEEDS to see me. This is like living in a total dream.

Are we going out now? Like, REALLY going out? As in he's my boyfriend and I'm his girlfriend? I know we haven't put any labels on our relationship but we're doing everything that boyfriends and girlfriends do. Kissing and messaging all the time and going out on dates.

I thought I'd just KNOW when I had my first boyfriend, that it would be this big momentous occasion that I could shout from the rooftops. But in reality, it's something that's slowly happening, one day at a time. And do you know what? It's kind of thrilling that way.

I like Jaxon so, so much. Part of me still can't believe that he would even look twice at someone like me. I'm waiting for the moment when he tells me it's all a big prank and he's just been seeing me out of pity... But if anything, he's just getting keener. The messages are getting more frequent. The kisses are getting more intense. My whole little universe is spinning into the sun. And I can't get enough.

In front of me, my laminator machine is letting out a low humming sound as I feed paper through it. I've printed out the picture of me and Jaxon from our cinema date. I thought it would be a nice memento to give to him when we meet up tomorrow.

A voice sounds outside my bedroom door. "I can hear the god-awful sound of that laminator whirring away. When are you going to burn that thing?"

"Get lost Benji," I call out. He's always making fun of my laminator. He's just jealous because I know how to keep things neat and organised, unlike him.

My annoying brother bursts into my room without a warning and looms over me. "Whatyadoing, whatyadoing, whatyadooooooing?!" He lets out a gasp as he takes in the photo of me and Jaxon. "Wait, is that him? The boy you're being all secretive about? No. Way."

Part of me wants to be annoyed at Benji's nosiness, but I'm actually kind of pleased he's seen the photo. I want to start showing Jaxon off to everyone, even my busybody family. Then maybe they'll realise I do have a life outside of them. And sides to me they like to pretend don't exist.

"TAYLOR," Benji shouts into the hallway. "GET IN HERE. WE HAVE A CODE RED. I REPEAT, CODE RED."

I let out a groan. "For God sake, it's not a big deal! Get out of my room."

"TAAYYYLOOOR. I NEED YOU TO JUDGE THIS RIDICULOUS BOY WITH ME."

A few seconds later, Taylor appears in my doorway, shirtless with a toothbrush hanging out of his mouth. "What boy?"