Chapter 9 - New Situations

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Things are heating up now! Hope you all like this chappy ;) 

On a side note which has nothing at all to do with this story, the girlband FAKY who I've worked on a song for just reached NO. 1 IN THE J-POP ITUNE CHARTS!!!! And I think it reached No. 4 in the overall album charts. So I've written on a charting album in Japan. EEK!!! Life is good and exciting!!! :D

Anyway... Enjoy ...! :D  (Sorry I just has to celebrate with you guys! <3)

Love Becky xxx

***

Chapter 9

New Situations

"Do you want a drink?"

Jaxon's question pulls me back into reality. I swear that I've lost all sense of space and time. We've been jumping around in the pit for what feels like hours together and I forgot that anything outside of this moment actually exists. Like thirst.

Wow, actually I really am thirsty now that I think about it. It's pretty hot in here.

"That would be great, thanks." I reach for my handbag to get my purse. God knows how it hasn't fallen out yet. Even as I rummage around for it, I'm being bustled around from every possible side and practically knocked off my feet.

"I'll get it," Jaxon declares, grabbing me by the arm. His touch makes me gasp out loud, but luckily it's so noisy in the room that it's impossible for him to hear me. I still can't believe I've met him or that he's out here dancing with me. It's like the whole night is just some bizarre dream.

He pulls me through the crowd and back over to the bar. The air feels clearer once we're finally away from the mass of sweaty people on the dance floor. It's like swimming up to the surface after being underwater for ages. Not that I minded being in the middle of the ocean.

"What's your poison?" Jaxon asks me. "Another vodka and cranberry?"

"Are you sure? I don't mind getting these." I feel bad that all my drinks are being paid for by other people. I've got to put my hand in my pocket at some point tonight. Which reminds me, I owe Chunk a drink too.

I glance over to the booth we were all sitting at to see if he's still around. The only ones left inside it are Sarah and Raj who are cosied up very closely together as they chat animatedly. To a stranger's eye, they might actually look like a real-life couple. Ooh, go Sarah!

In front of me, Jaxon has joined the queue at the bar. Actually, it's less of a queue and more of a rabble. I scurry forward to join him, feeling my dress straps slipping down my shoulders as I go. Now we're back in a more visible light I don't feel quite so bold anymore. My dress doesn't fit and my hair must be a total mess from all the bouncing around.

Oh no, what about my make-up?! It's probably melted off and I've got mascara running down my face or something. Why didn't I think of any of this stuff before I went leaping into Mosh Pit City? Why is it so hard being a girl?! Boys never have to worry about anything.

"You alright?" Jaxon says, clapping a hand on my bare shoulder. "It's intense out there right? You look kind of flushed."

Oh God, now I look like a tomato! Ash, quit being so uncool. "Do I? I think I've got a bit overheated."

I fan my face with my hands, hoping that it will stop my blush somehow and maybe dry my melty eyeliner. As I do so, all that happens is my straps fall further and further down my arms. Jaxon hooks his finger around the black material and drags it back up to its rightful place.