Chapter 2 - Kieran Jenkins

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

- Over 1000 reads on this story now HOORAY! Thanks to everyone who has voted and commented, I think new readers are starting to notice this story exists now so fingers crossed it will keep growing :) 

- Today's cover is courtesy of Melyssa - thank you so much for this dreamy, beautiful design. I love it!

- I have a new book here on Wattpad for games, surveys and random ramblings so check it out if you get time :D

Hope that you'll like this chapter... All I can say is poor Ash!

Love Becky xx

***

Chapter 2

Kieran Jenkins

The first time I met Kieran in person was at the start of the year when his band Science Will Save Us played a gig at the pub. Benji's boyfriend Taylor has some amazing contacts in the music industry and he managed to pull a few strings to get them here. I love the band so much and I'd been following them for months so I could barely believe they were actually coming to my little rundown workplace in Westerfield (aka. the middle of nowhere). Cool things like that just don't happen in places like this.

And more importantly, cool things like that just don't happen to ordinary girls like me. Not usually. But this time was different.

When I first saw him walk into the pub, I don't know how I even kept myself together. I'd heard his songs on TV commercials and watched all his music videos a thousand times over, and there he was right in front of my face like a real life human being.

Wait, I mean, of course he was a real life human being and everything, but he didn't feel like one to me. He was more like an other-worldly creature. A shining star in a world full of dull grey.

It was difficult to remember how to speak around him. All I could do was blush and hide behind the clipboard I was holding whenever he caught my eye. I was on the door and checking people into the gig, so I couldn't really get that close to him. In some ways I was glad because I had no idea what I'd even say to him if I did get to meet him properly. I knew I would almost certainly make a total fool of myself whatever happened. It was probably for the best that I kept well away from him.

The night was filled with fans who all crowded around him and the rest of the band once their set was finished. I had resigned myself to keeping on the outskirts and just watching him from afar. But then Taylor and his friends forced me to the front of the queue... and there he was. Kieran Jenkins, in the flesh. With his long dark hair and his chocolate brown eyes and that crooked smile that made my knees buckle beneath me... Oh God, I don't know how I didn't melt into a massive puddle right then and there. I think perhaps I did.

He was so sweet. He kissed my hand and he winked at me. He stood up for me when one of his other so-called fans got annoyed at me (long story, let's just say that girl is NOT worth thinking about anymore). And then after everyone else had gone home, he bought me and a drink and we sat and talked for hours.

Well, OK, it wasn't JUST me. Annabelle and Sarah were there too, and some other people. But it was ME he sat right next to. And that was when I knew without a shadow of a doubt. We had a connection. A spark that neither of us could possibly deny.

It was fate that Kieran was there in The Apple Inn. In fact, it was almost like the start of a rom-com. Girl fancies boy in a band. Boy plays music at girl's place of work. Girl feels silly and boy finds her unbelievably endearing. After all this time of being single, I was finally going to get my happily ever after. We were destined to be together!