Forever Crying On The Inside

He came up to me and hit me, he smelt of alcohol and sweat; he kicked and pushed me into the wall. That’s when he grabbed my arm and dragged me down the stairs, it hurt like a bitch. We came to the kitchen and that’s when he let me go and rummaged through the drawer, he seemed pretty concentrated on finding an object so I ran. I got to the door but tripped over something and hit my nose off of it. He came up behind me spitting as he spoke. ‘You’re gonna pay for that bitch’ he dragged me by my hair to the kitchen island, there he lifted me upon it and pinned me down. He had found what he was looking for. A knife.

It cut through my skin like butter; on my neck I could feel the warm liquid travel down to the island top. That’s when he passed out on top of me; I was ashamed to call him my farther. I kicked him off me with all the strength I had left, which wasn’t much, and limped to the door. I ran outside and ended up at my favourite place ever.

The place where no one judged you or bothered you but cradled you into the night. I sat among the holly leaves in the shaded area, against John William. I always sat with him, he was a sailor back in the 80’s but died when he was on the ship they called The SS Temon. I talked to him sometimes, I know that that sounds crazy but it helps, he’s a good listener.  My eyelids started to get heavy and I drifted off into oblivion.