Bury Me Here (P2)

‘Pregnant?’ I say, hardly believing the words escaping his mouth. How can she be pregnant they only slept together once! Why does this happen every time I’m finally, truly happy with life? I see Andy nod sadly and I know that he didn’t want this either. I know that he is sorry for what he did. I embrace him in a hug as if to say ‘I forgive you’ but I know that I am a long way off forgiving him. I just think he needs one less problem to deal with at the moment. ‘We’ll get through this Andy’ I ensure him.

We sit there for a few moments just enjoying each other’s company while my mind races. What am I going to do now? This child needs its dad, no matter what the situation.

‘It needs its dad’ we both say in unison. I nod. I walk out of the room leaving Andy alone to think things over. As soon as my foot lands on the last step, Ashley emerges from the living room doorway with an apologetic look on his face. He opens his arms as I run in to his embrace and cry. After I had stopped crying I noticed I was in Ash’s room. It was the first time I have been in his room before, it was smaller than mine and Andy’s room as mine and Andy’s are both master bedrooms with ensuits. This room however had no joining bathroom but instead had a walk in wardrobe. His walls were white, all except one which was pink with a giant Hello Kitty cat painted on top, which I suspect was a joke from Andy’s parents. Unsurprisingly pictures of half-naked and fully-naked girls littered the remaining three walls and a clock. All of his furniture was white and his bed sheets were black with Hello Kitty pillow cases.

I looked up at Ashley who was smiling down at me and copied his facial expression. I was so grateful that I had Ash; he helped me through so much. ‘I take it the guys told you’ I stated.

‘Yeah. How could he do this?!’ he shouted getting angry.

‘It’s okay, it’s not his fault’

‘Not his fault?! Why are you defending him?!’ He stood up and I coward. Remembering how my dad would suddenly get angry like this. Involuntary tears escaped from my eyes as memories raced across my mind. At this moment Ashley calmed down, noticing my fragile state. ‘I’m sorry Jamie, don’t cry.’ He whispered in my ear.  ‘You know what? You need to relax…get your mind off things. I’m taking you out tonight. Dress formal’ he grabbed my hand and stood up, pulling me with him. With one sudden movement one hand was on the small of my back and the other holding my own and I had been dipped. ‘We’re gonna have fun!’

‘Okay’

---

After I left Ash’s room I went to find Andy. We sat in his bedroom talking about the situation. ‘I think I might marry her…’ his words came out in a timid way as if he was afraid I might freak out like a cornered animal. But as strange as this sounds. ‘I agree. You should marry her. This child deserves to have a dad and a family who are together. And as hard as this is to say. I know that this is the right thing to do.’ I finished and looked up into his shocked blue eyes. He nodded and got up, hugging me.

‘Thank you’ was all he said.