On Leather Wings

Everything was black. Just…black. It was like I was never alive and this was my being. There was a faint beeping getting louder and louder, until it was unbearable. What is this place, I don’t remember anything. Why I’m here in a pool of darkness. Like I don’t even exist.

I’ve tried opening my eyes many times, nothing ever happens. I don’t even feel like I have a body anymore. I have just about given up on trying figuring out what happened and how to get out of here. I tried to reopen my eyes once again and with success this time.

Light flooded my vision as if I was getting a dental check-up, as my vision cleared and the light subsided I was looking up at a light and the beeping sound rung once again. A young man walked through the metal door opposite wherever I was. He was dressed in a long white coat, and spoke too excitedly. ‘Ahhhh, glad to see your awake Miss Thatcher, how are you feeling?’ he asked

‘Fine’ I replied.

‘well since your awake and nothing seems to be wrong you can leave in half a day, would you like me to phone someone to inform them of your state?’

‘No thanks, I’ll call them’ he nodded and walked away. I wonder how Andy is going to react, where is he? Surly he should be with me…

~~~

Once I had stepped outside the hospital the hot sun beat down on me forcefully, it’s never sunny in this part of the world, it normally rains. I rant home and saw that my father’s car wasn’t in the driveway. I found the key I always left underneath the dead flowers and unlocked the door.

Memories of that night flooded my mind as I glanced around the house; I stepped forward and heard a crack underneath my size 5 feet. In the ground was a photo of me and my mother encased in, a now broken, photo frame.

I ran up the carpeted stairs and into my old room, grabbing a black and red suitcase I went through all my clothes and picked out all the ones I liked and went through various drawers picking up chargers jewellery and electrical items.

I packed everything which is important to me and ran into my brother’s old room, I ran to the safe that hasn’t been opened in years. I knew there was money in here; he was saving up to run away with me before he died. I opened it revealing a red box. Inside the box was at least £10,000. That would be enough to get myself together.

As I had a bit of time to spare, I sat on the bed and searched if Black Veil Brides were on tour. Maybe it would explain why Andy wasn’t at my bed side. Or he could just not love me anymore. I searched and search and found a website which told me they were o tour in America, LA at the moment.

~~~

As walked down the stairs, my suitcase and bag following like a shadow behind me I picked up the photograph off the wooden floor and ran out the door, locking it and walking away.

I boarded the plane to LA and found my seat sinking into the purple cushioned chair. I closed my eyes and waited for the plane to start. After all the safety precautions and gripped the arms as the plane began to move. I hated flying; I kept thinking that just after I had gotten better I could just as easily die right here when the plane crashes and burn like the gates of hell. Okay…I’m calm, calm as the wind on a summer’s day. Okay I’m going to die!!

I reopened my eyes and realized we were already in the air. Thank god. I opened my laptop and went on decided to pass the time before I fall asleep in the air.

~~~

9 hours later and day time I grabbed my luggage off the carousel and walked out of the busy airport. The first thing I did was call a taxi to take me to the concert. Once I was in the taxi I rang Jinxx and surprisingly I picked up on the 5th ring. ‘Hi Jinxx…its Jamie’ I stated, unsure where he was. I don’t want him to shout it and for Andy to hear.

‘Jamie? Really? You’re awake? That’s great’

‘Yeah…um I’m sorta in a taxi on my way to your concert, I want to surprise Andy. When I arrive will you be able to give me a backstage pass? I wanna see the concert but I want to be there when Andy come off stage.’

‘Yeah sure I’ll meet you before the show, thanks for calling. Bye’

‘Thanks bye!’

I hung up and couldn’t stop smiling, I think I might go shopping first, you know considering I’m in clothes that are covered in blood. I told the taxi driver and when the car stopped I paid the man and walked into the mall as it’s called in this country and walked straight into Hot Topic. I have never been in this shop as it’s not in the UK but I wish it was.

I bought a pair of black/grey skinny jeans and a black top which was ripped at the top. a pair of grey and black boots/heels and a red coat was also bought, i felt good enough to meet him after i got my hair dies black and cut.

When I thought I looked acceptable I made my way to the venue. Met Jinxx and got my tickets. I walked into the venue and got close as I could to the front, glad I wasn’t next to the barriers. I don’t want him to notice me but I still want to get a good view of the show. After an hour of waiting the light dimmed and a voice rang through the giant speakers.

I saw the band run out on the stage, Andy last to unveil himself. I gasped as I saw him, it’s been so long, I can tell he has been preparing for the worst, the fact that someone would do that for me is the most amazing feeling ever. Someone putting themselves through the grief and sorrow of losing someone before it’s even happened.

~~~

This is our last song’ Andy’s voice rang through the arena as the crowd went silent. ‘It is dedicated to someone very dear to me who unfortunately can’t be here at the moment. I haven’t known her long but she means the world to me. This is for Jamie!’ I had tears running down my cheeks, he actually cared for me!! Carolyn began to play and I ran out the arena back stage, I wanted to be there when he came out and I would be able to listen to the song from the side. The song finished leaving a group of screaming teenagers.

I stood there awkwardly with my suitcase beside me. Andy ran off stage crying and grabbed a towel wiping his perfect face. As he removed the black towel he glanced in my direction freezing before a huge smile played on his face. I ran up to him and swung in the air laughing and smiling.