Sing To These Blood Red Skies

When Ashley left we stood there for a while, Andy snuggled his head in my neck. It was like we were a couple.

‘Watcha wanna do?’ his voice being muffled by my clothes. ‘I-I don’t know…’ I stuttered. He led me to the kitchen and picked me up to place me on the island thingy. He then went through the cupboards, picking out various things like flour, eggs, salt, butter and milk. He then proceeded to make pancakes. On a plate with fresh strawberries and blueberry muffins he placed the pancakes and handed the plate to me. ‘Eat’ he said and sat down on the chair, I got off the island and sat one chair away from him.

As he took a bite he moved up a place so he was right next to me. Is he falling for me? I hope so, what about his girlfriend? As we finished he picked up the plates and put them in the sink. He then led me to a corner couch; it was dark brown fabric and was littered in red and brown cushions. Andy chucked a few off and pulled me down with him. He put his arm around me and turned on the TV to batman.

As batman was about to finish there was a sharp pain in my cheek, it dawned on me that I had been slapped. I looked at Andy thinking it was him, but he was looking above my head, I glanced over at a skinny girl with bleach blonde hair and glossed up lips. Zoe.

She took me out onto the concrete and jumped on me throwing punches left and right. Her eyes filled with pure rage. ‘How dare you! Snuggling up to Andy like that! He is mine and always will be mine! You’re worthless; no one will ever be interested in you! You should just go kill yourself you little emo!’ she’s right. I should just go and kill myself, no one would miss me. My dad wouldn’t Andy wouldn’t. No one interested in me any way. Why would they be?

Andy got her off me after about 2 minutes, I could feel the blood. ‘Zoe I don’t love you anymore, in fact I never did. I was just going out with you because it would make you leave my mates alone!’ I could tell Andy was angry; he was all tensed up, his hands clenched into fists.

She screamed at the top of her lungs and stomped up to Andy and bitch slapped him on the face. Andy’s face stayed angry, until all we could hear were her perfect heels disappear in the distance. After a few seconds I started to cry, trying to be as silent as possible, I was unsuccessful. Andy ran up to me and gathered me up in his arms, I just lay there helplessly. He took me to the bedroom and just lay on the bed with me. ‘Why do you bother?’ I asked in a small voice, barely audible.

‘What do you mean?’ Andy looked at me with worry in his eyes.

‘Why don’t you just leave me out on the street like everyone else?’

‘Honestly…it’s because I care about you.’ He turned his head and covered his face with his hair, trying to hide his adorable blush. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks. Andy got up and went downstairs as I felt my phone vibrate in my jeans pocket. I dug for my phone and checked my messages. It was from my dad…

Hi Jamie, I have realised that you have ran away but you can’t keep away for ever. I will find you and it’s only a matter of time…see you then Jamie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

any ideas for my next chapter, inbox me or comment down below. thank you.