Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining

When I awoke I was surprised to be under a roof. I was positioned on a bed, curled up with a blanket draped over me. It smelt manly. Where am I? Why am I here? Who’s house is this? Are they gonna kill me? What if they-

The door clicked open, disturbing my thoughts, and revealed a man; he was tall and skinny and had black hair that fell over his right eye. He walked closer to me and when my vision cleared I realised it was Andy. Andy is Zoe’s boyfriend.

‘Hey, how are you?’ Andy spoke softly with worry dripping from his voice. ‘Andy?...what happened?’ I sat up and immediately felt hot liquid travel down my head. He ran the rest of the way over to the bed and carried me bridal style to what I’m guessing was the bathroom. He sat me on the counter next to the sink and grabbed something out of the cabinet above my head.

He stood there cleaning up my face with care and when he moved away. That’s when I saw my reflection, I was a mess, and my red hair was all tatty clumped in some parts with dried blood. I had a red mark on my cheek and a gash on my head. Six cuts were placed neatly on the right side of my neck. I looked away in disgust, when Andy came back he ran up to me and hugged me, it was only then that I realised I was crying.

We stayed there, Andy and me, holding each other. I cried and cried and cried until I was sure I had no more tears left. ‘I found you in the graveyard, you were unconscious. So… I picked you up and carried you here.’ I just hugged him tighter; he picked me up and carried me back to the bedroom. ‘May I ask why I found you like that?’ he spoke with his soft, caring voice, as if he actually did care. ‘Well um… my dad beat me up, he gets drunk a lot…and your girlfriend beat me up!’ annoyance dripping from my vocal chords.

‘Look Jamie, I’m sorry I did stop her…’

‘Yeah what about all the other times, you stood there and watched!’ I cut him off

After our little argument we just sat there thinking about the next step. ‘Jamie, sleep here…I don’t want you to go back there…ever.’

‘Thanx’ is all I could say. Andy lay down, shirtless, and lay me down. His body was so warm against my freezing figure. I then stepped through to the dream world.