Remember Now He's Just Your Friend

Jamie’s P.O.V

My eyes fluttered open revealing the black tinted limousine that we were in. I noted that Ash was still asleep and we somehow had a blanket. I instantly regretted the night before. How could I do something like that? I don’t feel that way for Ashley. I love Andy! I can’t just sleep around as if I’m looking for attention off Andy like some spoilt little child. I quickly got up and put my dress on.  My heels were slipped on my feet before I stepped out of the limo.

The limo was parked on a random street that I didn’t recognise and so I did the only thing I could do.  I walked in a random direction and given that I had no clue where I was I wasn’t expecting to go home anytime soon. I checked the time on my phone. 11:30AM great! I noticed that I had 3 missed calls, two off CC and one off Andy. Andy…

How could I be so stupid? If I want to get back with him this is not the way to do it. Not with his best friend anyway. I’ve lost my boyfriend and now my best friend. I don’t know how I and Ash will be able to get past this.

I walked past shops and street signs and not one of them I recognised. I did however see a car which I recognised. A black Aston Martin Rapide sat parked outside a Starbucks. I racked my brain for the answer to whose car that is but I came up with nothing. I couldn’t remember.

Then the door to Starbucks opened and a black clad figure stepped out with a cup in hand. Andy.

We stood there looking at each other for a moment before he came walking towards me. ‘Where have you been? CC has been worried sick!’ he asked as if it was urgent. CC has been worried sick? What about him? So because he cheated on a girl on my birthday and got her pregnant I no longer matter to him?! Unbelievable!

‘Out. With Ash’ I stated. I watched his expression turn from concerned to bitter. I looked down, unable to look into those beautiful electric eyes.

‘Get in, I’ll take you home’ I hopped in the black coupe and watched as Andy did the same. He started the engine and he began to drive home. I looked around his car, just for something to do, and found a small velvet box. Engagement ring no doubt. We sat in silence for the whole ride, however I was thinking about Juliet and Andy together.

Once we got home I practically ran out the car before it had even stopped and bolted toward the front door. Once inside I rushed to my bedroom. I can’t believe this is actually happening. A year ago I was being beaten by my alcoholic dad and now I’m living in my ex-boyfriends house while he gets engaged to his pregnant mistress.

I shouldn’t be here, in this house. I have no right. A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. ‘Jamie? Can I come in?’ it was Andy. Why can’t he leave me alone? I walked toward the door and clasped the silver handle. I paused before opening it. There stood Andy with his hands tangled together in front of him. He was looking down when I first opened the door but his head proped up as the door swung open.

I look at his with questioning eyes. ‘Can I come in?’ H asked almost timid like. I gestured for him to come in and once he was I shut the door and retreated back to my bed. ‘I want to see if you’re okay…’ he trailed off whilst sitting himself down on my bed. He laid his hand on top of mine. It felt good, like old times.

I retrieved my hand. ‘I’m as good as I can be considering the circumstances…’  I lay down with the blanket enveloped around me. I felt the bed dip beside me and I opened my eyes to find Andy lying next to me, holding my hands.

‘I love you Jamie. Believe me I do…but I have to do this. For the sake of the baby.’ A tear escaped from my baby blue eyes and in that moment, I was content. ‘I love you’ he repeated before I fell asleep.

---

I woke up to the sound of the front door slamming. Andy was still asleep next to me and I had to remove his arm from my waist before I could investigate the house. This would be one of the last times that I and Andy get to be together without Juliet.

I crept downstairs and looked at the clock on the wall. 6.26PM the kitchen light was on and I sneaked in and peeked around the archway. There stood Ashley looking tired. A sense of dread washed over me. ‘Ashley?’

He turned around surprised to see me but I could also see a sense of relief shower over his expression.  ‘Jamie! Are you alright? I woke up and you weren’t there.’ He expressed whilst taking my hands in his.

‘I’m fine’ I reassured him. I smiled as he mirrored me. ‘Listen I’ve been thinking…about last night…and…’ I was interrupted.

‘It was a mistake; we should have never gone out…’

‘No! I’m glad you took me out, I needed that, but your Andy’s best friend. Maybe if you weren’t I would consider this but I can’t. I can’t do that to Andy.

‘You still love him.’ It was more of a statement rather than a question, and I agreed. I looked down, ashamed of myself, my actions. He put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me in for a hug. I took in his scent and closed my eyes. I loved Ashley, but not the way he wanted me to, or maybe the way I wanted myself to…