9 - How an Angel Is

Chapter 9

"Drink this," Rachiel said as she handed me a glass of water. Without second thoughts I quickly grabbed the glass, wondering at the back of my mind on how was this not broken along with all the dishes and windows in the kitchen.

She then sat on the couch beside Rogziel across me, "Look, Sophia, I'm sorry for not telling you about us. It's just that, you're not supposed to know about this until you're 18."

"That's why you're only telling me about this now?" I asked and she nodded.

"Well, where do we start?" She asked, looking at Rogziel, who is looking at me with his serious eyes. What is he thinking about?

He glanced at Rachiel before looking back at me, "I don't know, I'm not supposed to be the one telling her about it. It was your mission."

Rachiel rolled her eyes and looked back at me.

"Look," I said and placed the glass on the small table in front of me, "Just tell me everything."

"Yeah," Rachiel said while scratching the back of her head while frowning, "You're supposed to know everything. It's just, I don't know where to start."

She then leaned forwards and sighed heavily. I looked at her intently as she stared at the ground before looking back at me.

"Okay," She said, "I'll just get straight to the point then," She then cupped her face and groaned, "I've already rehearsed this so many times before but I can't concentrate anymore."

"Okay, Sophia," She said and looked at me straight in the eye, "You," She pointed at me, "Me," She then pointed at herself, "And Rogziel," She rolled her eyes at Rogziel's direction, "Are angels."

I stared at her blankly with my face deadpan and my mouth slightly open, "What?"

"Told you she won't take it seriously." I heard Rogziel mumble at Rachiel.

She exhaled deeply, "Well if you've never heard about angels before, they have----"

"I know what an angel looks like," I interrupted her.

"White and shining wings," She continued, "White and round halos above their head and are drop dead gorgeous and hot," She looked at me seriously, "I know you saw Rogziel's wings earlier."

My eyebrows met. Angels? They've gotte be shitting me, "are you making fun of me?" I asked, "Angels do not exist."

She frowned, "They exist Sophia. What do you think you just saw earlier? Costplay?"
I remained quiet, trying to absorb what she said earlier.

You, me, and Rogziel..are angels.

"Wait, me?" I asked at them with my eyes wide, "I'm an angel?"

Sophia nodded, "The three of us in this room are angels."

I stared at them like they've just grown 10 heads. They must've been high or something. Angels cannot possibly exist. I mean, if they exist, they would never allow themselves to be seen! Let alone be high school students!

"No," I stood up with my hands raised, "Enough with this crap. I'm not falling for it. It's not funny anymore."

Rachiel stood up, "Sophia," She stared at me, "Don't be stupid! You already saw Rogziel grow wings earlier, you saw him fly. You,"She stopped, "You accidentally used your ability on Cresil! That's why everything in the kitchen was broken all at once!"

I stared at her as realization dawns me. Abilities? I accidentally used my abilities on Cresil?

I didn't notice that I was already sitting back on the couch as Rachiel did the same, "What do you mean, abilities?"