41 - Space

Chapter 41

"Don't be too coy now," I heard his voice. "Open your eyes."

Wih that, I opened my eyes and quickly looked at my chest. The sword was still in my chest, the weapon halfway embedded, and there was blood, blood on the white undershirt and on the denim jacket, but there was no pain, and I can't hear my heartbeat anymore.

Tears started to flow again from my eyes. Why am I not dead?! I'm supposed to be dead! He just stabbed me with his sword, right through my heart!

He stepped away from me, leaving the sword still on my chest. I quickly panicked trying to struggle against the ropes that were now surely leaving scars on my wrist. I looked up at him and saw him smirking.

"I want you to take it in Azriel," He said. "See how my weapon can't kill you when I just stabbed it through your heart."

"Shut up!" I shouted, my emotions filled with rage. "Shut the fuck up!"

He was about to open his mouth to talk when the door where I came through suddenly flew away towards the next room, revealing Rogziel and Nael behind it. Their eyes were on the man in front of me, but their gazes quickly moved to me and I swear blood left their faces when they saw the sword on my chest.

I couldn't take it anymore. I looked down, the black wig covering my face, and I cried hard. I'm what I don't want to be. I'm a Daimon. A half-Angel, half-Daimon. Part of the blood that flows in my veins is from someone belonging to the kind I've been beginning to hate.

How? Why am I like this? I thought nothing could be worse than being a half-Angel, half-Human, but there really is. And here it is.

The sound of loud pounding made me look up, and I saw Rogziel, kicking and punching at the clear doorway, trying to get through some kind of invisible force. Nael too, was trying to push his way in, but his efforts were futile.

"One more thing," Kevin said, making me look at him. "Before you came in, I made a force field that keeps Angels out, they can never get in. And since you're just half of what they are and most of your blood belongs to my kind, you got through. Ain't that proof enough?"

I didn't answer as I sobbed. This is too much. I looked up at him and saw him smirking. He then walked calmly back and forth as he faintly acknowledged the presence of the two outside.

"As soon as the rest of them will find out what you are, and they will, sooner than later," He regarded, picking up the bottle of bourbon he placed at the small table a while ago. "They will send you away.You do not belong to them, you are an outcast. And if they are smart enough, they will accept you, then trick you, then try to make you speak and confess on what you know about us, make use of you, then kill you."

He then approached me, and placed his hand on my cheek, making me look up at him. He slowly raked his fingers under the wig, through my real blond hair, and removed the black wig from my head, then throwing it away, before he placed his hand back on my cheek and kneeled in front of me.

"But me," He whispered. "Our kind. We will accept you. We will embace you for who you are. We will treat you just like how we treat each other even though you are different from us in one little way."

"Stop," I muttered again, cursing myself for not saying something different. He was right. Now that I know who I am, it'll be much harder to hide the truth and pretend, especially now that Rogziel and Nael already saw me, alive with a sword poked through my chest.

There will be no assurance on what will happen to me when I'm with them. As sure as damn the same as staying with this man.

"You know I'm right," He continued. "You will be much more safer with me and my Daimons that would protect you than those Angels like those two," He said, finally acknowledging the two with a slight shake of his head in their direction. "They will be hesitant when they can't be sure with you around them. They will see you as a threat."