44 - Penetrated

Chapter 44

We didn't waste time as we quickly departed from the house. I haven't said anything to anyone since we started our journey by automobiles for two reasons. One, I don't think they wanted to be forced into a conversation with someone they're supposed to be away with and two, I was too worried with my Mom and for the whole Nest to be able to utter words to anyone.

Rogziel tried to force himself to stay in the same car as me, but I pleaded Sraosha to let him ride with his twin, and that I should be the only one in a car. It might've sounded as I don't want to share the luxury of the sports car that was still parked on the house's garage and still functional, but they knew better that I wanted them to stay away from me.

"No," Rogziel refused. "I'll stay with her."

"No," I said sternly. "You will ride with Rachiel and that's final."

"Why are we even having this conversation?" He asked frustratedly while holding out his arms.

Even though I didn't want to, I forced out my most dangerous look that might've resembled a Daimon's, and stepped closer to Rogziel with my hands clenched to fists.

"I think we both know why we're having this conversation," I started. "Now get in Rachiel's car."

He gave me a hard look, like he wasn't going to budge anytime sooner. "Fine," He grumbled and before I knew it, he suddenly stormed towards the door of the shotgun seat of my sports car, punched the glass window, and opened the door for himself. He then got in and crossed his arms, his eyes daring me to do something about it.

I groaned frustratedly, noting at the back of my mind that too much time has been wasted for our argument, and by now I know I'm not going to win this one. Despite against my will, I grumpily walked towards the car, and when I got in, it served as a signal for the others to sprint towards their respective cars and for the ride to begin.

I started the car and followed Sraosha, who served as a guide for all of us. With her mind that can work things out, she managed to plot down a route that can take us from California to The Nest which was outside the boundaries of New York, in just half an hour. I don't have any idea how she managed to do that, and now's not a good time to ask for explanations when The Nest could probably be struggling against the Daimons, especially with Kevin and Eremiel there.

Being the last car in the convoy we didn't have someone watching us from the back. The whole car was silent as I try to concentrate on my mind about Mom. God, please, I hope she's safe, I hope she's kicking Daimon's asses right now with her high heel stilletos, or probably her knee length leather boots.

My eyebrows met when the blue Convertible, which was Sraosha and Gabriel's, stopped in front of a tree line, more like a forest.

Everyone got out of the cars, and when they did, I bolted the car door open and was shocked when the car door suddenly flew away from the car the moment I pushed it open.

Everyone's eyes were on me, who was also staring at the car door that landed maybe 20 steps from me.

I cursed inwardly at the sudden upsurge of my strength and quickly stepped out of the car. I then headed towards them and saw them still staring at me.

"What?" I asked, and they all were pulled from their trance as Rogziel stopped beside me.

"I'm afraid the car trip ends here," Sraosha said. "We have to fly. That's the only way we can cut the trip to 15 minutes.

"What is this place anyway?" I asked.

"Just a place I found couple years ago," Sraosha waved her hand dismissively.