42 - Broken

Chapter 42

ROGZIEL BARMAN CARTER

I jumped at the wall she made, and slammed it with my fists. The wall easily shattered into pieces and I quickly ran to the next room, only to see a guy on the far side of the wall with a sword in his hands.

"Eremiel," Sraosha mumbled behind me, but I didn't care. Where is Sophia?!
I quickly ran up the stairs that was just next to me. When I was on the top, I saw the broken window and I quickly headed towards it, leaning out, not caring if the small shards of glass that were poking out scraped my skin.

As faint as the movement may seem, I saw Sophia's small figure as she quickly fades away among throngs of houses, and the streets are still dark.

Why could she be running away? Was she scared? Did she think we were Daimons?
She has a wound. She has to be taken care of and given medical attention. I can't believe that guy stabbed him. I almost wanted to knock the house down when I saw her back downstairs, when she was trying hard not to faint out of the pain the sword caused her, if she wasn't inside it.

I will make that guy pay, but right now, I have to catch up with Sophia before she collapses with the wounds she got.

I sprinted my way downstairs and pushed Anael out of the way, but was stopped when I was finally down when we were faced with the two guys who were unconscious earlier.

"Eremiel," Gabriel regarded the blue-eyed guy. "Why am I not surprised to find you here?"

The guy smirked, so this is the great Eremiel, who shot Sophia with a spear. He waved his hand on the guy beside him, who was fuming with anger and rage, like one poke and he would go off. "Haven't I introduced all of you to my boss?"

My eyebrows furrowed. "Boss?"

Eremiel opened his mouth with one finger raised, like he managed to guess something right. "Oh that's right. You guys thought I was the one calling all the shots right? Well, you couldn't be more wrong."

"What are you doing here?" Halaliel asked. "What have you done to Sophia?"

Eremiel raised a finger at her with a shushing sound, like he was telling her to keep quiet. "Ask questions later hottie. Don't interrupt me when I'm introducing my Boss."

"Enough with that crap talk Eremiel," The man beside him growled as he picked up the sword on the floor, sending a string of panic on all of us as he scans the whole room. "Leave them and find her!"

Who does he think he is? He hurt Sophia, and now he's looking for her? The boss? Who the freak is he?

"Oh," Eremiel mouthed playfully. "Gotta go."

We were all about to step forward to jump at them, when the guy waved his hand on us, making all of our eyebrows meet with confusion as he leaves with Eremiel after doing that. Without waiting for them, I ran towards the doorway, but was stopped just before I could take the second step when my face slammed hard on something invisible.

"Fuck!" I cursed as I pounded on the wall again to break it. I've had enough with these invisible walls!

SOPHIA AZRIEL EVANS

I stopped running and bent down, resting my hands on my knees as I try to catch my breath.

I looked around. I'm now in the middle of the forest, the huge trees reminding me of that time when Eremiel threw a spear on me.

By the look of the sun in the sky it must be 6 in the morning. It's still that early, yet for me it's already been a long time. Almost 7 hours have passed and I've been running for the last 6 hours. I have no idea where I am now, all I know is that I'm still not that far away for them to locate me in a short time.