48 - Catching Up

Chapter 48

ROGZIEL BARMAN CARTER

I woke up and headed to the bathroom. I took a shower and got changed. When I looked out of the window I smiled.

Sophia finally allowed us in. She finally accepted us. She finally stopped what she was from wedging a huge gap between us, and I'm glad she did. I have no idea how terrible she must've felt inside, her father being a Daimon and her mother ending up being kidnapped. Just looking at her already tugs at my heart, I can feel her pain and all if I could I'll do what I can just to make her happy again.

I got out of my room and stared at the door of the room 4 rooms away from me. She's still asleep. She's probably tired of yesterday. I should at least give her time to rest. God knows how short her sleeping time is when she's worried with her Mom and everything in her life.

"Morning," Nathanael greeted me as I made my way down the stairs. I looked up at him and saw that he's already showered like me, and about to head downstairs.

"Morning," I said.

"Did you see Sophia leave her room?" He asked.

"Why would you ask that?" I asked as I looked back at Sophia's room. "She's probably tired and needed to have more rest."

"Maybe," Nael nodded. "Wouldn't dare disturb her."

"Never dare," I threatened while smirking as I wait for him to catch up and we walked down the stairs together.

"Hey," Halaliel said as she placed a plate of red apples beside the mangoes on the table.

"Morning," I greeted back as I slumped back on the couch and grabbed a phone lying on the small table.

"Where is everybody?" I heard Nathanael asked.

"Still asleep," Halaliel said. "You do realize it's still 5 in the morning right? And everyone's dead tired because of yesterday."

"I bet Rachiel's still snoring in her bed," I muttered out as I played.

"Probably," Nael laughed as he sat beside me and we took turns on playing the game, trying to exceed the high score.

A few hours later Sraosha and Gabriel came down with Rachiel and Rahmiel and Hamon behind them. I placed the phone back on the table and we all sat around the table as the girls began to serve the breakfast.

"Aren't we going to wait for Sophia?" Halaliel asked hesitantly.

"I'll wait for her," I said. "You guys go ahead."

"Oh," Hamon teased. "The ever loving boyfriend would wait for the princess to wake up. Can you stand the hunger man?" He asked as he raised my favorite apple and looks at it with his eyes wide. "I don't think you can. These are delicious."

"Leave him be Hamon," Rahmiel scolded Hamon and I just laughed as I got the phone back and played, waiting for Sophia to get out of her room.

An hour passed and Sophia's still in her room. I can't help but feel hungry, I mean, a man's gotta eat you know?

"Just eat already," Anael said as he handed me a plateful of fruits. "Sophia wouldn't want you waiting up for her and starving your dragons inside."

"Between the two of us I think you're the one with the dragons," I said as I got the plate and took a bite on my favorite apple. "Nah, I mean, you have the worms, I have the dragons."

"Shut up asshole," She exclaimed as she threw an apple core at me and I just laughed as I continued eating.

I was through eating but still Sophia wasn't out. It was almost 10 in the morning, and all those days I was with Sophia it wasn't her hobby to wake up this late. If she was that tired, she would have at least be awake even 25 minutes ago, and it would be acceptable.