27 - The Nightmare

Chapter 27

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong with her Doc? I mean, this is the 3rd time she passed out." I heard Rogziel's familiar voice.

Then there was the sound of ballpen hitting a clipboard. "Yes Bar, Sophia's totally fine. She just passed out because of over fatigue or she must've used a lot of her powers. You said that Ouriel was there before Hamon and Halaliel got there right? Maybe she used her powers then, or got engaged in a physical fight with Ouriel or Asmodeus, or even the both of them. But you guys need to give her a break, even for only a day," Dr. Fillington's voice filled my ears, but she sounded more distant than Rogziel, since her voice seems lower than Rogziel's.

"Yeah, you tell Sraosha that Sophia could use some beauty rest," Rachiel's voice followed.

"So that means I'm really that ugly?" I asked as I slowly opened my eyes. I heard a gasp and I squinted my eyes at the bright light coming from above me. The lights are on, strange. It's already evening?

"Sophia," Before I could put into my mind on who said that, I was already wrapped with someone's arms. I didn't have to look at the guy to know that it was Rogziel.

Because he closed the distance between us, I can practically feel his fast heartbeat against my chest. His actions sent tingles all over my body, my stomach felt like exploding and it took almost everything of me not to jump off the bed and do a cartwheel. I swear, being with Rogziel makes me crazy.

Did I just say that?

"Ease up there, big guy, don't stress her out," I felt Rachiel's hand on my shoulder as she softly pushes me away from Rogziel. That was when I noticed that I was hugging Rogziel back. I wanted to snap at her and tell her how much of a nuisance she was but I didn't. The thought of doing that actually brought up questions. Why would I go mad if she pushes me away from Rogziel anyway?

I slowly leaned back on the pillows behind me. I saw Dr. Fillington writing on her clipboard. I then turned at the guy in front of me and saw that he was staring back at me.

"Uhmmm, hello?" I asked awkwardly while raising my right brow. I heard Rachiel snort at my reaction but I didn't bother to look at her.

"Could you guys give us some time alone?" Rogziel asked without tearing his gaze away from me. I looked at Dr. Fillington and she nods sternly while walking away. Rachiel looked serious as she nods at me after kissing me in the cheek. They both went out, Rachiel closing the door behind her.

"What happened?" I quickly asked Rogziel the moment the door closed. I need to know what happened to Asmodeus. Did they catch him? Did they kill him? How did I manage to live after that fall?

But Rogziel didn't answer. He just stared at me with something in his eyes I can't explain. I raised a brow to check if he was listening but he just kept on staring at me. I then raised my hand to wave it in front of him. But when I started waving, he quickly pulled my hand back down, and at the same time connecting his lips with mine.

I seemed to froze for a while before the thought sank in. What the? He's kissing me!

It didn't take long for me to respond. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I felt him cup my face with his hands. The kiss wasn't agressive, it was...sweet. It felt like no words need to be said because the kiss already said more than everything. Yet I still can't seem to grasp what that everything is.

We slowly pulled back at the same time. He then rested his forehead on mine as he breathed heavily. I can't help but stare back at him, his blue eyes seem to talk to me, like it would always tell me to look at it and open myself to it. He didn't take his hands from my face, he even cupped my face tighter.