25 - Attack

Chapter 25

I stopped moving as I tried to catch my breath. Much of my energy has been wasted just because of trying to get away from his grasp. I looked up at him and watched as a drop of sweat landed on my cheek.

I groaned and closed my eyes. My motionless limbs that gave a silent signal that I'm giving up didn't go unnoticed by Rogziel, for he unhesitantly let my wrists go and removed his weight from me, and lied down next to me.

"That wasn't easy," I heard him say through breaths. I opened my eyes and looked at him, I saw his eyes closed and his chest heaving up and down as he tries to catch his breath. I didn't say anything as the thought of being defeated and having to consummate the bet slowly sinks in my mind.

Oh my God. What is he going to make me do?

I remained silent as I waited for him to say something, something that will give me a hint of what he is going to make me do. When he didn't say anything, I decided to look back at him. That was when I noticed his sweaty face. It might look messy and sticky for anyone, but damn, it looked really hot for me. Since I was lying beside him, the position gave me a good side view of him. His eyelashes were long and black, and they were perfectly curved outward to fit the look of his eyes. His eyes, too bad he was closing them, I can't see the deep blue tint on them that seem to bore through my soul. His perfectly chiseled nose together with his pink and soft-looking lips completed the definition of perfect. I can look at them forever---

"What?" I was suddenly brought back to reality when Rogziel turned at me, his crossed brows clearly letting me know that he was wondering on why I was looking at him.

"Nothing," I said and turned away casually. Acting nervous would only convince him that I was checking his face out.

I didn't say anything again as I waited for him to finally say something. He remained quiet again, until I can no longer stand the anticipation of something that might be a burden to me my whole life.

"Go on, say it," I groaned without looking at him.

"What?"

"Tell me already," I said while looking at him. "You're killing me."

"What do you mean?"

"What do you want me to do for you?" I asked and as quick as I said that, realization quickly dawns him. His look of confusion earlier changed into a look of evil--given that he was smirking.

"I knew it's going to be that bad," I whimpered while face-palming myself.

"Either way, you still have to do it for me," He said and I looked back at him.

"And why is that?" I asked challengingly.

"Because if you would have won, I would do what you would ask me to," He quickly answered.

Somehow, his response to my question made me feel even bad. I don't want to do what he may want me to do, even though I still don't know what it will be. But given that he was willing to what I would ask of him if it was the other way around, I know I have to do this. It sucks.

My silence served as a cue for him to continue talking. I closed my eyes as I steeled myself on what he will make me do.

"Given that you agreed with the bet before we started training, I am comfortable that you will do it," He started while sounding bossy, pissing me off. What's taking so long?

"If you think I'm that low to not keep my word, then you're wrong. Now don't make me wait and say it," I tried to keep my tone soft but somehow I can't say it without sounding rude.