15 - Versus the Daimons

Chapter 15

I quickly poked Rogziel beside me, who was busy calling someone on his phone.

"What?" He asked, "Sophia if you're mad, just tell me. I'm more worried if you don't because it only means another thing."

I didn't listen to what he said as I pointed at the side mirror while pinching my nose. He quickly leaned nearer to me and looked through the mirror.

"I can't see them back there," I whispered, "Just through the mirror."

When I said that, I swore I saw his eyes popped wide as a saucer as he quickly took a look behind us.

"This is not happening." He muttered a cuss before turning back and opening a compartment on his car where he pulled out a medium-size vial and uncapped it and poured its contents on his hand. It was just like water, only that it was more sticky. He then returned the vial to the compartment and grabbed my already shaking hand and gave me a few drops of it from his hand.

"Wipe it on your nose." He whispered and I quickly did, the same time he did. When I was done, I can feel the strong scent of perfume ease up on my nose until it was bearable, but it was still there. I can hear the loud beating of my heart as I thought of the mysterious black car outside.

"Who are those, Rogziel?" I whispered.

"Daimons." He mumbled, which served as a cue for my eyes to go wide and my breath to race. Daimons? How----why? What do they want from us?

I instantly remembered what Mom said, what Rachiel said. They don't want something from me, they want me myself. They want what I was born with. They want my powers.

"Why are they here?" I asked, sounding nervous, "I thought The Nest is supposed to be safe?"

"We are no longer in The Nest," Rogziel quickly answered, "We are near The Nest's boundaries, but that doesn't mean we're safe."

"What do we do now?" I asked as I watched the three slowly walk towards our direction, their reflections getting bigger and bigger as they were approaching us.
Rogziel quickly opened his car door and stepped out. What is he doing? He was about to close the door when I stopped him.

"Where are you going?" I asked while holding the door open.

"Just have to keep these horned jerks away from you. You're under my protection since I brought you here, remember?" He asked and was about to close the door but I stopped it again.

"But they'll hurt you!" I exclaimed, "Just stay in the car!"

"Sophia," He said frustratedly while glancing at the people approaching us, "If I won't face them, they'll just get to us fast and they'll take you to Eremiel. I can't let that happen!" He exclaimed and glanced at the Daimons again before pushing the door close. My feet quickly positioned itself between the car and the door, preventing Rogziel to close it.

"But what if they beat you? Kill you even? What's to stop them from getting to me after that?" I asked desperately. I don't wan him getting hurt for me. I don't want him getting hurt.

"I won't let them," Rogziel said calmly, his hand caressing my face, "I promise."

With that, he quickly pushed my feet away, enabling him to close the door. Through the glass of the car, I saw him walk in front.

"Stay in the car Sophia," He said, making sure I was the only one able to hear it with the help of my sensitive hearing, "No matter what happens." He said, and I can feel the urgency in his voice.

I was about to nod and pray that he won't get hurt when I remembered that the wheels are burning under me, "How am I supposed to stay in here without getting barbecued?!" I shouted for him to hear me.
He then reached down for the ground as he checked the wheels. I lost sight of him as he did that, but when he got up, I saw that he stepped back before raising his right hand. And before I knew it, water was coming out from his hand. It looked like his hand was a freaking fire truck hose with water coming out as straight as a laser. I saw that the water was putting out the fire that burned the wheels, and I can feel the temperature under me cool down. I really expected that the car would blow up because of that.