45 - Hostage

Chapter 45

Everyone was quiet after I unexpectedly dropped the bomb right on Pravuil's face. They must've not expected me to reveal what I am myself.

"What?" Puriel whispered, who probably heard our conversation with her inhuman ears. In fact, all of them heard our conversation.

I slowly turned to Puriel who was now standing behind me, her hand still on her stomach as she stopped the bleeding for it to heal. "I'm a Half-Daimon, Half-Angel."

Her eyes slightly widened upon hearing me. I figured she was about to ask a question when I continued. "How? Kevin, the powerful and cruel Daimon Pravuil was talking about. He's my father."

"You mean he's the same Kevin Ariel run away with?" Pravuil asked and I nodded.

"But she didn't know he was a Daimon," I added. "Like you said, he was powerful. I don't know how he did it, but he managed to conceal his real identity from Mom."

"So you're not a Half-Human, Half-Angel?" Puriel asked.

Before I could even answer, Sraosha suddenly stepped in, raising both of her hands at the two before she began talking. "Don't think of it the wrong way. Sophia's different. She might've had a Daimon blood in her system but that doesn't mean she's with them."

"You don't have to assure them with that Sraosha," I said respectfully. "Either way they have to stay away from me."

"No," Puriel said. "She didn't have to assure us that you're not harmful. What you did a while ago, saving us and killing the Daimons without doubting for just a second, you already proved to us that you're still the same, despite the fact that you're different in a way," She continued, looking at Pravuil who was also nodding at her with a smile on his face.

What Puriel said tugged at my heart, but they have no idea what they're talking about. I am very relieved to know that they accepted me that easily, but they won't be happy to know that I could slip with my controls and could end up hurting them.

"Thank you for accepting me this easily," I said at the both of them. "But starting now you guys have to keep your distance."

"Even them?" Rogziel interrupted as he waved his hand at Pravuil. "You're so lucky to have us accepting you. Why do you have to push us away?!"

He was right. This was all I wanted, right? I wanted them to accept me, to not be afraid of me, but I haven't realized then that it would be much better if they stay away. I've already seen how destructive my powers are and I'm sure they did too, but they have no idea that if I lose control it would be worse than losing control being a half-Angel Half-Human.

"You don't understand, Rogziel," I said, then images of the bodies earlier came flashing on my mind, that's when the tears started to flow again. "You see those bodies out there?! The fighters stabbed with spears?!The young children dead on the training grounds?! That was because of me! Because Kevin wants me next to him! And if I stay closer to all of you, they will kill you! See this? All of them?!" I asked, gesturing at the Daimons. "I wasn't even here when they attacked, what more if I remain here?!"

He was about to open his mouth but I quickly interrupted. "Need more reason?! How about this?!" I asked and waved my hand at the mauled bodies of the Daimons. "I just did it with my bare hands! Or do you need more proof?!"

I wasn't thinking anymore when I turned to the empty field and raised my hands, sending much bigger fireballs on the field, there wasn't discs anymore, and it bothered me.

I wasn't supposed to be like this. I was just a normal girl trying to cope being a transferee but why does it have to be me?!

I wasn't able to hear anything anymore aside from my thoughts. I yelled, letting all my frustrations out as I threw random fireballs here and there, setting the grassland on fire.