24 - Immobilized

Chapter 24

I looked up at a sweating Rogziel with an arrow on his hand. He was panting and sweat flowed from the sides of his temple, his lips slightly parted. The look of annoyance was visible from his face, and I wonder why. When he stepped aside and gave me a view of the tree behind me, I immediately realized why.

The tree was full of arrows, and that was when I also learned that I didn't shoot only 20 arrows, but what seemed like a hundred. I don't even have any idea that the bag behind me contained that lot. The tree looked like it had grown arrows from its trunk.

I panted while wiping sweat from my forehead. That lot of arrows and I didn't even manage to hit him even a single shot?!

"You can't win with our bet," He said. "Even though I'm just standing in one place."

And I get it, your right. But can't you just take it easy on me?! Newbie here! Hello! I wanted to shout that at him, but stopped myself from doing so, knowing that either way it's still the same--he's right and I'm weak.

"I just need practice," I mumbled while resting my hands on my knees, looking down on the ground and managing to catch sight of Rogziel's army boots across me.

"Even with a year of practice you'll still end up weak," He blurted out, making me look up at him with anger and hurt in my eyes. Does he think of me that weakly? Well then screw him!

Well there was a reason for him considering me as a threat.

"We'll see about that," I whispered dangerously as I stood up, taking the bow with me while pulling an arrow at the same time. I immediately let go, and he managed to dodge it, but he was surprised at the same time. I then shot him again and watched him dodge and catch every arrow.
I can't prove him right.

Angels and Daimons have the same weakness--and that is our stomach. If I can't hit the stomach though, I should go for the eye or the nose. Angels' most important part of his body is his eyes. So that was why Cresil kept hitting me on my stomach, because it was a weakness, and he also went for my face--the second weakness.

Without having second thoughts I quickly pulled another arrow and aimed for his stomach. He was busily dodging and catching three arrows at the same time which I managed to shoot at him pretty quick. When I let the arrow go I knew it went straight to his stomach.

I wasn't sure if I hit him though, because something took over me that I quickly pulled another arrow and aimed for his face this time. I then pulled the 3rd arrow and aimed at his stomach again, and I ended up shooting at his stomach and face simultaneously.

I stopped to catch my breath. I managed to aim for his stomach and fa----Oh my God. Did I just aim on his weaknesses?! Did I manage to hit him?! Did I hurt him?!
I quickly looked up at him. His face was covered with sweat, some are even dripping and some soaking his hair. His right feet was behind him while the left one is on his front, like supporting him in order to keep him standing. His left hand was raised in front of his head and I followed it, only to see that he was actually holding an arrow, like catching the arrow seconds before it touched the center of his forehead. I looked at his right hand, and it was doing the same thing for his stomach---holding the arrow before it reached his stomach. His hands were shaking too, and his face looked furious.

I breathed deeply and wiped my whole face with my hands. Thank God, I didn't hurt him. Thank you.

I looked up to the sound of something breaking, only to see Rogziel looking at me dangerously with sweat dripping from the tips of his hair while slowly but roughly and harshly breaking the arrows he held earlier.

"Don't give me that look," I warned breathlessly. "I was just trying to prove you wrong."

He smirked, sending shivers down my spine. He looked like he was smirking over accomplishing something that almost cost him something gravely important to him.